Movies INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY (New Trailer, post #484)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're going to do Indy 5, then they should get on it. Harrison isn't getting any younger.

Never!

Spielberg should never retire. Like Clint Eastwood, he must go out on his shield.

Considering the fact that he's in his 70s now, there's no telling how many more movies that we'll get from him so I think we appreciate the fact that he's still giving us new films. Because once he's gone, he's gone forever. The King will be dead.
If he’s gone before he completes either of these rehashes are made then his legacy is better for it.

I'll see it only if its titled "Indiana Jones and the gauntlet of dildos"

Can’t we just call it Indiana Jones 4 and pretend Crystal Skulls didn’t happen?

Maybe his opening line in this one can make reference to his idiotic identical twin brother who sometimes pretends to be him and believes in Aliens. Then we can all sigh with relief and say, “Ohhhh, that’s what that movie was about. It wasn’t a real Jones movie. It was a stupid spinoff.”

If he’s gone before he completes either of these rehashes are made then his legacy is better for it.

Do you feel that because Spielberg made one bad Indy movie that he is now incapable of making a good Indy movie?

Do you feel that because Spielberg made one bad Indy movie that he is now incapable of making a good Indy movie?
There is only 1 good Indy movie and Ford is a fossil going thru the motions.
I'm not doubting Steve's capabilities, just his decision to make either of these movies.
Seems really, really, really lazy and unimaginative.

There is only 1 good Indy movie and Ford is a fossil going thru the motions.
I'm not doubting Steve's capabilities, just his decision to make either of these movies.
Seems really, really, really lazy and unimaginative.

You lost me at "one good Indy movie."

I count three. Even if you want to be a hater about Temple of Doom, that still leaves two.

Looks like Spielberg chose Indy 5 as his next project.

Harrison Ford is 75 years old and hasn't had a good acting performance since The Fugitive

Taking that into consideration the movie already sucks

They are going to have an uphill battle

Well, before KOTCS came out I had all the hope in the world that the next Indy film would be just as good as the first three. Boy, was I wrong. Since then, my hope is basically nill that this thing could possibly live up to the first three, but I do think Spielberg can do better than 4. Though his last several movies all look the same (and not like the OT) so...... we'll see how it turns out. I'm cautiously hopeful.

‘Indiana Jones 5’ to Be Steven Spielberg’s Next Film, Followed by ‘West Side Story’

Update: March 19, 2018

Steven Spielberg Plans to Shoot INDIANA JONES 5 in the U.K. on April 2019

Steven Spielberg is planning to start shooting the untitled fifth Indiana Jones movie for Disney in the U.K. in a little more than a year.

He made the disclosure Sunday night at the Rakuten TV Empire Awards, where he was on stage to receive a Legend of Our Lifetime award and spoke about his collaborators from the British film industry. The event was held at the Roundhouse in London.

“It’s always worth the trip when I get to work with this deep bench of talent coming out of the UK. The actors, and the crew, the chippies, the sparks, the drivers — everybody who has helped me make my movies here, and will continue helping me make my movies here when I come back in April 2019 to make the fifth Indiana Jones movie right here,” Spielberg said while on stage.

Disney announced in 2016 that Spielberg would be returning to direct the next installment with Harrison Ford on board to reprise his role of the adventure-seeking archaeologist. No other cast members have been announced. The film has been set to bow on July 10, 2020.

David Koepp was hired in 2016 to write “Indiana Jones 5.” Koepp wrote the last Installment in the series, 2008’s “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” and has previously worked with Spielberg on “Jurassic Park” and “Jurassic Park: the Lost World.”

The four Indiana Jones films have grossed nearly $2 billion in worldwide box office. Spielberg’s “Ready Player One” will open on March 29.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/s...rt-date-fifth-indiana-jones-movie-1202730075/

Considering that it's been more than 10 years since the last film, I mean, it's about fucking time.

If they are actually going to make this movie it doesn't make sense to just drag it out while Ford gets older and older, so I'm glad to hear that there is actually a start date for production and a firm release date.

It's a bit concerning that the screenwriter also worked on Crystal Skull. Hopefully this time around Spielberg will have the good sense to know when the story is actually good. I trust him 85% of the time but that other 15% he can make some bad decisions. (Weaponized raptors was something he insisted be in Jurassic World.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that it's been more than 10 years since the last film, I mean, it's about fucking time.

If they are actually going to make this movie it doesn't make sense to just drag it out while Ford gets older and older, so I'm glad to hear that there is actually a start date for production and a firm release date.

It's a bit concerning that the screenwriter also worked on Crystal Skull. Hopefully this time around Spielberg will have the good sense that know when the story is actually good. I trust him 85% of the time but that other 15% he can make some bad decisions. (Weaponized raptors was something he insisted be in Jurassic World.)

I think he should have known that the version of the BFG he shot was going to be lacking before cameras started rolling. The man is close to or outright unparalleled, but I don't have great faith that he'll only move forward with a script that avoids the mistakes of the Crystal Skull.

Skip this film and just go ahead with West Side Story, then the Leonard Bernstein biopic.

Actually skip West Side Story too and just go straight to the Bernstein film.

Disney owns it so whether we like it or not many more installments of Indy are likely on the way. I don't care how disappointing the last one was, Spielberg is still Spielberg so I'm still hopeful. Not sure if they're going to try to pass the torch or just reboot it eventually. Regardless just hope it's a good movie. It's a great franchise it's just too bad Ford isn't a young man anymore.

I think he should have known that the version of the BFG he shot was going to be lacking before cameras started rolling. The man is close to or outright unparalleled, but I don't have great faith that he'll only move forward with a script that avoids the mistakes of the Crystal Skull.

I only saw BFG once and barely remember it, but I remember thinking it was okay and nothing more than that. It certainly could've been much better.

I really hope you are wrong about him not avoiding the mistakes of Crystal Skull. I mean, he's Steven Spielberg. I can understand him fucking up every once in a while, but surely he has learned something from the disaster that was Crystal Skull. Hard to believe that he wants to go through that again.

I only saw BFG once and barely remember it, but I remember thinking it was okay and nothing more than that. It certainly could've been much better.

I really hope you are wrong about him not avoiding the mistakes of Crystal Skull. I mean, he's Steven Spielberg. I can understand him fucking up every once in a while, but surely he has learned something from the disaster that was Crystal Skull. Hard to believe that he wants to go through that again.

I think there was no way for the specific story that was filmed in BFG to be compelling.

Why .... seriously ... nothing can end with dignity anymore, things have to played out to death and beyond until the dead horse is beaten with a dead horse :(
8a9.gif

Thanks, HBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back