Movies INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY (New Trailer, post #484)

Status
Not open for further replies.
was it bad if you take out the aliens though? I'm curious what other issues people had with it as I only saw it once years ago and I don't remember it being horrific, and certainly not as bad as IJ 3 (The Last Crusade) with Sean "can't act for shit" Connery

Doing my best to ignore the fact that you said The Last Crusade was bad(!!!!!!!!),

Shia Labouf swinging alongside monkeys on vines, while keeping up with speeding jeeps. Bless you for being able to forget that, I wish I can.

Doing my best to ignore the fact that you said The Last Crusade was bad(!!!!!!!!),

Shia Labouf swinging alongside monkeys on vines, while keeping up with speeding jeeps. Bless you for being able to forget that, I wish I can.
I had a look at reviews and it seems the popular consensus is 1, 3, 2, 4 as best to worst, but Temple of Doom was too memorable for me to place below what was basically a rehash of the first movie but with Sean Connery taking all the mystique away from Indiana. No denying I completely blocked those scenes out of my mind, as I do with al Shia Labeouf scenes <45> I think TLC was too similar to quite a few other action adventure movies of the 80s which might be why I didn't enjoy it as much as TOD

so they just gonna skip IJ:4 and go to 5? weird because I don't remember a 4th movie. must have been some shitty Bollywood version ya'll are talking about.

so they just gonna skip IJ:4 and go to 5? weird because I don't remember a 4th movie. must have been some shitty Bollywood version ya'll are talking about.
indianajones-1024x576.jpg

I don't think you understand. THERE WAS NO INDIANA JONES 4.

Are you familiar at all with the British Poirot series? When Agatha Christie wrote her books, Poirot (the hero detective) moved through the decades with her. But when ITV adapted them, they reworked all the stories so that they all took place in the 30s. I'd like to see something similar for Indiana.
what about the episode of Poirot where he dies an old man? still 30s? Good books though

apparently some previous kid was eaten by the big giants before but the movie is scared to make this explicit

This basically sums up modern-Spielberg in a nutshell. He's not the same man he was in the 80s and 90s. He's too afraid to take any kind of real risks anymore for fear of offending children, or some shit. He always plays it super safe nowadays.

Which is exactly what he'll do with Indy V. I feel that getting my hopes up for anything else is foolish. Just listen to the way he talks in interviews, especially when talking about his kids. The man is as soft as baby shit. He's not gonna give us another gritty Indy film.

And the CGI, my God. He's just way too reliant on CGI anymore. I'd bet money that Indy V is gonna end up looking almost exactly like KOTCS (and coincidentally like every other film he's done in the last 10+ years....CGI heavy/washed out/bland color). It's not gonna look or feel anything like the OT.

And John Williams..... let's hope he doesn't phone it in again like he did with the last one. God, what a piece of shit score. It was basically 90% recycled music from the OT.

So, all in all, if you take all the facts into consideration, it's not looking good.

Btw, KOTCS was essentially one big joke about Indy's age. He's gonna be 12 years older by the time V comes out; nearly 80. So are they gonna make another film that jokes endlessly about his even-older age?

I guess the best we can hope for is that the story is more solid and engaging than KOTCS (which bored me to tears). I loved the idea of going with aliens and the crystal skulls, especially being set in the 50s, but the entire execution from beginning to end was all wrong. It was terrible! Ugh.

But you know what's potentially even worse than anything mentioned above...........Disney.

Is he gonna fight BLM in this next movie while trying to save some statues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back