India will dominate MMA once it becomes big in their country

It’s funny how different the UFC will look 10 years down the track when MMA becomes more of a global sport. We will start to see fighters from other nations rise to the top of the sport. We are already seeing it now with the Russians and Conor Mcgregor who is Irish.

Imagine how many good Indian fighters will come about when it becomes a popular sport in countries like India and Pakistan etc. They are known for being tough people who have come from nothing and have real immigrant mentalities as Joey Diaz would say lol. Fighters who come from poverty always make the best fighters. Indians are also naturally tough and athletic people.

Look at Amir Khan the boxer. There are plenty of Indians/ Pakistanis who have his kind of athletic ability. I know many Indians who fighting comes to naturally.

Indians play cricket.

The end.

If they’re not interested in soccer, why would they care about fighting? Super Fight League was a horrible failure.

NOT gonna be in the heavyweight division. That is for damn certain.

HW is literally the weakest division in MMA, and the one where you can get to the top by being lucky (one punch, one kill, etc). Combine that with the fact that many of the great Indian athletes/fighters are heavyweights and I would say that HW is probably the highest chance of it happening..

Nah. They’re generally a peaceful people they’re not really fighters. You might get the odd one but they’re not taking over because they’re really not interested. Kabaddi is about as violent as most of them will get.

They might kill you with math. When I was in school we had this Indian professor who's name was Dr. Data, no shit lol - who'd write 1000s of equations on the board to explain everything. No one knew WTF was going on. Lucky there was a book.

The class was managerial accounting and he'd be throwing up trig functions, differential equations and shit. totally bewildering and unnecessary.

Had an Indian history teacher in high school. Older guy and very nice , although I still believe he was a bit too trusting when he first moved to Canada by what he named his two boys . First off his name on the report card was MY Baig. Mr Baig, still makes me laugh. Best was his boys names, they were in school which me. Oldest was two grades above, his name was Jim Baig. The othersame grade as me, Harry Baig. How could you name your son Harry Baig ? Jim Baig was bad enough.

Both guys were great guys too, but what names to go through life with

No.

Cricket is the #1 sport by far there and while they are certainly a top team, it's not like they are the best by far.

India (1 billion +) have won 2 world cups while Australia (20 million) have won 5....and Australians play many different sports, not just cricket.

They also lose often to smaller countries like England, New Zealand, South Africa, where cricket is not the most popular sport.

Also they are losing sometimes to tiny countries like sri Lanka, west indies.

Overall India is the worlds worst sporting nation p4p

Where are all the dominant Indians in boxing? Thats a combat sport that has been global for decades

No, just by being "tough" you cannot win a fight against a skilled fighter. You'll end up being a punching bag, that's it

The Indians being smart thing is such an overrated meme. There are a billion plus Indians in the world, the ones who come to the West are the best that their country has to offer in terms of intelligence so of course they're going to be smart.

If Indians we're really that smart, India wouldn't be a dump right now. Let's be real.

https://blogs.voanews.com/all-about-america/2015/05/08/this-us-ethnic-group-makes-the-most-money/

Highest earning immigrant group in the USA.
For many years running.

Their country is a dump because it encompasses so many different languages, cultures, etc.

I happen to the think that the real myth is that of the “healthy Indian diet.”
There is nothing healthy about how most Indians eat.
I’m a pretty big foodie and have spent a lot of time eating every type of Asian food there is.

They'll probably be dominating cricket, it is fucking huge over there.

Sebastian Coe, one of the greatest runners in history and now president of the IAAF, had an Indian mother (not widely known). He is the only man in history to hold the WR at 800m, 1000m, 1500m, and the Mile at the same time. He is the only man to defend his 1500m Olympic title. His 800m world record set in 1979 on a poor track stood for 17 years and he is still the 3rd fastest 800m man in history. The 800m is possibly the best track event for gauging all around athlethic ability in terms of fast and slow twitch muscle/aerobic and anerobic capacity.

He's like 20 years old and actually has skills and some experience, i totally get why. He could turn into a future chinese star if he keeps improving.
Check his fight with this indian bum if you didn't saw it. Definitely worth.

I actually watched the fight live and the guy definitely has a potential. But, again, anyone can look good against bums.

Indians play cricket.

The end.

If they’re not interested in soccer, why would they care about fighting? Super Fight League was a horrible failure.

There not really much of a MA culture in India as far as I'm aware anyway that MMA could potentially draw on the way there is with the US, Brazil, Russia, Japan, etc and honestly I'm seeing very little sign of the UFC looking to seriously invest in talent, especially outside the US.

It’s funny how different the UFC will look 10 years down the track when MMA becomes more of a global sport. We will start to see fighters from other nations rise to the top of the sport.

We are already seeing it now with the Russians and Conor Mcgregor who is Irish.

I'd say the Russian/ ex Soviets were better represented at the top 10-15 years ago by Fedor, Alexander, Igor, Kharitonov, Arlovski etc.

Iran would probably produce some monsters...they're beast wrestlers

I actually watched the fight live and the guy definitely has a potential. But, again, anyone can look good against bums.
Sure, i got you, but if there's someone they should give bums and build up, it's a chinese guy with potential and some skills, dude's flashy asf too

oGlhM8.gif

FreshWideeyedFerret-max-1mb.gif

usman-ahmed-on-imfamous-sexton-video2.gif

Back