Incredible Links Emerge Between Cambridge Analytica, Brexit, Trump, and Russia

I was just reading the thread man, I didn't even respond to yours first.

I don't even know that guy we just agree that you're kinda dumb.

Didn't respond to my first what? You quoted my post to the guy you don't know.

My first questions were pretty simple. Was the guy talking about just Trump supporters and at the end if the video he breaks the engaged group in half with me assuming one is on the right and one on the left. Thinking he meant Russia used division tactics to separate this group of engaged individuals.

Then I ask if there are any examples of the Russian propaganda, followed by was Russian targeted propaganda any different than what left and right groups, media, candidates, PAC's, etc already do to each other. I also disagreed with an example the guy used, unless Russia influenced both sides of the msm to spread racial division.

Didn't respond to my first what? You quoted my post to the guy you don't know.

My first questions were pretty simple. Was the guy talking about just Trump supporters and at the end if the video he breaks the engaged group in half with me assuming one is on the right and one on the left. Thinking he meant Russia used division tactics to separate this group of engaged individuals.

Then I ask if there are any examples of the Russian propaganda, followed by was Russian targeted propaganda any different than what left and right groups, media, candidates, PAC's, etc already do to each other. I also disagreed with an example the guy used, unless Russia influenced both sides of the msm to spread racial division.
<Dany07>

I don't care.

https://www.polygraph.info/a/cambridge-analytica-links-russia-/29120279.html

how did the russians magically access the specific data without help?

That's why I linked the CNN article. We don't know that it was Russians. All they know is an IP from Russian accessed the server. This could have been as simple as someone from Cambridge being in Russia and accessing the server via VPN. In other words it could have just been an employee of Cambridge remotely accessing the server. I'm not saying Russia never got a hold of the data or not what I'm saying is we don't know and you wont find an article clearly stating what the OP said. Just speculation that they might have got their hands on the data.

That's why I linked the CNN article. We don't know that it was Russians. All they know is an IP from Russian accessed the server. This could have been as simple as someone from Cambridge being in Russia and accessing the server via VPN. In other words it could have just been an employee of Cambridge remotely accessing the server. I'm not saying Russia never got a hold of the data or not what I'm saying is we don't know and you wont find an article clearly stating what the OP said. Just speculation that they might have got their hands on the data.

The effort to make a Russian link is beyond ridiculous, so much that its down to Facebook and some PR firm that bought data from Facebook, bought not hacked, that resulted in some fake accounts creating and spreading memes to a certain profiles. Stuff that is done with artists to have more fake followers and then bring more followers and generate money.

And if US politicians and/or their agents willingly enlisted or knowingly accepted the help of that foreign power?

And if those same politicians were politically, personally, or financially compromised by same said foreign powers?

You heard it folks: for the right, Terry Gross is now a conspiracy nut and Alex Jones has an “incredible reputation.”
That's meaningless, US politicians constantly work with foreign powers against domestic opposition. Russia is probably somewhere near number 10 on that list. Israel has had and continues to have a massive influence on US policy and domestic politics. Are we going to start arresting every politician who shares a common political position with a foreign country? Do you realize how insane that comes across to people who view the Democratic party as the globalist party.

Personally compromised means nothing when you are talking about positions like the president. No foreign actor has "leverage" over the US president. If anyone has leverage it is deep state which has the most sophisticated intelligence apparatus in the world by a huge margin and was spying on him. Do people seriously think that a few million dollars is leverage over Trump? Because for the most part that is what people are talking about. He is a 72 year old man who through normal political channels will have billions of dollars in opportunities thrown at him once he vacates the whitehouse. The entire thing is utterly irrational.

Focus on real complaints, issues around coal, consumer protection destruction, wealth inequity, healthcare, etc...

This is a terrible angle. This isn't a democratic/republican issue any more then the IRS destroying the Tea Party was. This is the old guard attacking the outsiders.

Did you listen to the interview or read the article?

Lol, why do I even ask?
ITs like the boy who cried wolf. No one cares anymore because everything is a false flag. I don't recall who posted a poll yesterday, but Americans don't care about Russian spooks. People care more about our domestic issues.

Lol at calling me dense. All questions have been about a post you made. You fail to read my posts asking for clarification, have to have that spelled out for you. Then state that there is no clarification or information given in your video that supposedly breaks down how Russia manipulated the system with help from cambridge analytica and facebook to elect the candidate they wanted.
oh I just rewatched the video, Hillary and her supporters would be in those reserved for the "other candidates" part where he was cutting up the strips. If thats not a good enough answer then go fuck yourself doofus

it may not show it to us, but Im guessing the people investigating this have a better idea from checking where the data was accessed from.

You do realise who is a major investor in CA dont you? Also know who their president of operations was? Any guess?

Art is seen as a weapon in various intellectual traditions and memes are being weaponized for ideological purposes. Some key parts that I thought were very interesting:

"Bannon was very clear about it, is that this idea of Britain, in some ways, being a sort of cultural leader for America. And so this idea of where Britain led culturally, then it would sort of set a path for America, also.

And Steve Bannon's things, he kept on telling me, was to change culture. That was the thing - is that politics was downstream of culture. So first of all, you have to change the culture. And this is where they really saw Britain as its place in the English-speaking world, sharing a culture with America. And so the idea of, if you could sort of have a bridgehead first here, then that could be influential in terms of the impact upon America later."

CADWALLADR: "Some of the stuff is just so crazy. So on Tuesday this week there's an example of the craziness. I was looking on Twitter. And I was just, what is this? I thought it was the Russian Embassy Twitter account, initially. The Russian Embassy Twitter account is this extraordinary thing. It trolls me. It trolls other journalists. It trolls, like, MPs. And I thought it was the Russian Embassy first. And it had my article about Arron Banks and the gold deals and his meetings with the embassy. It had a picture - a screenshot of that. It put fake news stamped over it. And then it said, this journalist lies, or this journalist conspirator or something. And it tagged me into it.

And then I realized it wasn't even the Russian Embassy Twitter account. It was the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Twitter account. So this is the Kremlin. This is the government agency in Moscow, which directs all of Russia's foreign affairs, targeting me specifically via its Twitter feed and calling me a conspirator and writing, fake news, and going in to defend Arron Banks and Nigel Farage, interestingly."

And the thing is about it, this thing is just being normalized. It does it in this jokey way. And this is also what we saw from the Leave EU campaign - Arron Banks and Nigel Farage's campaign. By doing things in this jokey fashion, it normalizes it. And then you go a bit further.

And there was this very weird episode which happened last autumn when this first started to happen, which was that the Russian Embassy started writing me letters and calling my journalism - calling me a bad journalist and with an agenda and spreading lies, et cetera. And at the same time, Arron Banks and Nigel Farage's campaign were retweeting the Russian Embassy. And then they did this, like, mock video of me, so they took a clip of the film "Airplane!" and it was a woman being hysterical in the film. It's like a spoof. People come and slap her around the face, and then they threaten her with a gun. They'd Photoshopped my face into that video, and they'd added the Russian national anthem to the music behind it."

This is the original Airplane footage, sans photoshop.

"Bannon was very clear about it, is that this idea of Britain, in some ways, being a sort of cultural leader for America. And so this idea of where Britain led culturally, then it would sort of set a path for America, also.

And Steve Bannon's things, he kept on telling me, was to change culture. That was the thing - is that politics was downstream of culture. So first of all, you have to change the culture. And this is where they really saw Britain as its place in the English-speaking world, sharing a culture with America. And so the idea of, if you could sort of have a bridgehead first here, then that could be influential in terms of the impact upon America later."
but all these far right goofs keep saying they will fight to defend their culture..... yet they say nothing when Bannons main goal was to change culture!

go get him morons

it may not show it to us, but Im guessing the people investigating this have a better idea from checking where the data was accessed from.

You do realise who is a major investor in CA dont you? Also know who their president of operations was? Any guess?

From the CNN article the people investigating don't know yet. They are still looking into so we will see. I know all about CA and all that which is why I concede that Russia may have very well got their hands on the data. The thing is we don't know for sure yet and we will have to let the investigation play out and see what happens. So going around stating things like "CA gave Russia the data" is just speculation at this point with no way to prove that it's true.

In all honesty I don't believe they would ever give Russia that data. It's part of what makes CA such a powerful force in situations like this. Why just give the data up to another country? Could they have helped Russia with that data for a price? That's a lot more believable. Just giving it away though? That doesn't even seem like a smart business move. This is still a company that's built on making money and becoming more influential\powerful. Giving away one of your biggest advantages in the political scene doesn't seem smart.

From the CNN article the people investigating don't know yet. They are still looking into so we will see. I know all about CA and all that which is why I concede that Russia may have very well got their hands on the data. The thing is we don't know for sure yet and we will have to let the investigation play out and see what happens. So going around stating things like "CA gave Russia the data" is just speculation at this point with no way to prove that it's true.

In all honesty I don't believe they would ever give Russia that data. It's part of what makes CA such a powerful force in situations like this. Why just give the data up to another country? Could they have helped Russia with that data for a price? That's a lot more believable. Just giving it away though? That doesn't even seem like a smart business move. This is still a company that's built on making money and becoming more influential\powerful. Giving away one of your biggest advantages in the political scene doesn't seem smart.
CA have shut down.... but you dont think they would just give Russia the data? Bannon was the president of operations and Mercer is the main investor.... Why wouldnt they give the information to russia?

CA have shut down.... but you dont think they would just give Russia the data? Bannon was the president of operations and Mercer is the main investor.... Why wouldnt they give the information to russia?

CA has shutdown but it's been heavily speculated that they are still operating under several company names that work together to achieve the same goal. Giving the data to Russia puts them in a situation where now Russia no longer even needs them and now Russia can give that data to whoever they want. Why do that when you can just help Russia as a contractor and keep your data for future use? What makes more sense to you if you were running this company?

CA has shutdown but it's been heavily speculated that they are still operating under several company names that work together to achieve the same goal. Giving the data to Russia puts them in a situation where now Russia no longer even needs them and now Russia can give that data to whoever they want. Why do that when you can just help Russia as a contractor and keep your data for future use? What makes more sense to you if you were running this company?
maybe they didnt give them the data, maybe they just let them know how to access the data. Also if they have shutdown and are still operating under different names doesnt that show you these guys are fucking shady? yet you still trust them over a reporter that has literally taken the words these people have said and reported on them? That makes no sense to me

maybe they didnt give them the data, maybe they just let them know how to access the data. Also if they have shutdown and are still operating under different names doesnt that show you these guys are fucking shady? yet you still trust them over a reporter that has literally taken the words these people have said and reported on them? That makes no sense to me

Of course these people are shady as fuck which is why if someone asked me to bet my life on whether they gave the data to Russia or helped Russia it would 100% go towards them having helped\gave them the data.

I believe the most likely thing that happened is Cambridge used the data they had to help Russia target people. Let them know who to target and how. I don't see them just giving them all the data though.

I'm not sure what you mean by "yet you still trust them over a reporter". No reporter has stated that Cambridge gave Russia the data just that they are connected (which is obviously true) and that it's possible Russia might have got their hands on the data. No one knows for sure yet they are still investigating it.

Of course these people are shady as fuck which is why if someone asked me to bet my life on whether they gave the data to Russia or helped Russia it would 100% go towards them having helped\gave them the data.

I believe the most likely thing that happened is Cambridge used the data they had to help Russia target people. Let them know who to target and how. I don't see them just giving them all the data though.

I'm not sure what you mean by "yet you still trust them over a reporter". No reporter has stated that Cambridge gave Russia the data just that they are connected (which is obviously true) and that it's possible Russia might have got their hands on the data. No one knows for sure yet they are still investigating it.
my bad then dude, I think Ive been misreading what you were trying to say.

reporters have stated that Russia accessed the data though. The ICO in the UK is basically a data cop and found that Russia accessed the data. She is now working with the FBI btw ;)

but all these far right goofs keep saying they will fight to defend their culture..... yet they say nothing when Bannons main goal was to change culture!

go get him morons

I don't think that the two are different, because Bannon was trying to do what the far right wants and the far right was receptive of the ideas Bannon was promoting. Liberal culture, in the West, has been defined since the days of Rousseau and Kant by cosmopolitanism, civic duty, multiculturalism, the general will, and the notion of linear progress. Bannon and the Far Right want to do away with all of those entirely.

my bad then dude, I think Ive been misreading what you were trying to say.

reporters have stated that Russia accessed the data though. The ICO in the UK is basically a data cop and found that Russia accessed the data. She is now working with the FBI btw ;)

They are stating that an IP from Russia accessed the data that's all they know right now. So that could have just been as simple as cambridge logging in through their VPN to access the data. Considering they were helping that oil company it could have been from the presentation to show them what they have. Also one of their other employees works in Russia a lot. Could have been him accessing the data through a VPN. So will see once they find out more who exactly it was accessing the data.

They are stating that an IP from Russia accessed the data that's all they know right now. So that could have just been as simple as cambridge logging in through their VPN to access the data. Considering they were helping that oil company it could have been from the presentation to show them what they have. Also one of their other employees works in Russia a lot. Could have been him accessing the data through a VPN. So will see once they find out more who exactly it was accessing the data.
and none of that seems coincidental to you?

Back