Increasing weight of filled Outslayer heavy bag?

hangulmalmotayo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

So I was wondering if any of you have tried adding weight to an already filled Outslayer bag. I have the 5 ft. 100lb. bag and according to their website, the shell could hold up to 300lbs. and more weight can be added. I'm wondering if any of you have tried adding weight to the bag at all.

I've read in another thread that some people just dump sand in it over and over again, but this seems like a bad idea in the long run.

You should be fine adding weight to it.

I once added weight to an Outslayer bag by placing a poster tube in the middle and filling it with sand. I got it up.to 115-120lbs.

Just make sure you duct tape the hell out of bith ends so the sand won't leak.

Last edited:
You should be fine adding weight to it.

I once added weight to an Outslayer bag by placing a poster tube in the middle and filling it with sand. I got it up.to 115-120lbs.

Just make sure you duct tape the hell out of bith ends so the sand won't leak.
Thanks for the reply (sorry for this late response). But did you increase weight to an already filled bag? Or was it a bag that you had ordered unfilled?

If the former, was there enough room or did you have to take some filler out afterwards?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the reply (sorry for this late response). But did you increase weight to an already filled bag? Or was it a bag that you had ordered unfilled?

If the former, was there enough room or did you have to take some filler out afterwards?

Thanks for your help!

It was an unfilled bag that I had filled before and wanted a bit more weight to it.

For sure you won't be able to put everything back but might lose 5 pounds of fabric. At the same time, yours was probably machine filled so it could be another story.

Dont know if Outslayer hand filled them or compress the fabric with an hydrolic press.....

you can add more weight to the bag, its rated to hold more than listed weight. Hope that helps!

Thanks, guys.

I'd imagine that Outslayer uses a hydraulic press of sorts to fill their bags. But I'm not sure.

@Heavy Puncher: Any advice as to the best way to increase the weight of a heavy bag? I have been thinking of making small bags with sand (duct taped to keep them from breaking) and just sticking them at the top, if I can make them fit. I'm not sure this is the most prudent solution. Taking the cloth out to put in a tube filled with sand would work, I'm just afraid: (1) that I won't be able to make the bag as hard as it was before, (2) the bag will be too stiff because of the core, and (3) it will be a ton of work.

Back