Incoming casualties of the Tariff War...

Hes unlikely to do something totally retarded like start a trade war. He is far more competant at actual politics though, and would certainly be able to do things like destroy healthcare

I see your point and he may come across as hawkish or some sort of a Neo-Con interventionist.

Damn

{<jordan}

Lose internet freedom (net neutrality)
Prices raised/less access to health care
Duped on tax cuts (once they file them)
Fill the white house with Goldman Sachs
Corruption in the EPA
Cut regulations to predatory banks

All to own the Libs
"I love the poorly educated" Don the CON

Nah they can die in the pits broke for all i care.

This is a war for the future of human civilization, between murica and scum communists. I'm just not retarded like so many americans to side with the fucking enemy.
Thats why Trump set tariffs with Canada, when USA had a trade surplus before the tariffs? Was it to bring communists to their knees? How about the tariffs with Mexico and others?

Last edited:
I think the main issues with the US manufacturing sector can't be fixed with tariffs.
I agree that some tariffs on China would be justified. But that alone won't solve the issue and also causes new once.

Where is the investment in infrastructure, modernize equipment and having a qualified workforce?
Those are the backbone of a strong manufacturing sector. If you don't have that all the tariffs in the world won't help you recover. That's why Germany is on top at the moment. Because the government and private sector are working together.

The US is the leading country in tech. But that doesn't mean Germany is going to put tariffs on US tech companies. Because that doesn't solve the issue that the US has more qualified workers in that field and an environment set up for those companies to success. By improving those things you will start to become competitive. Tariffs can only help very limited and have a lot of downsides.

I think the main issues with the US manufacturing sector can't be fixed with tariffs.
I agree that some tariffs on China would be justified. But that alone won't solve the issue and also causes new once.

Where is the investment in infrastructure, modernize equipment and having a qualified workforce?
Those are the backbone of a strong manufacturing sector. If you don't have that all the tariffs in the world won't help you recover. That's why Germany is on top at the moment. Because the government and private sector are working together.

The US is the leading country in tech. But that doesn't mean Germany is going to put tariffs on US tech companies. Because that doesn't solve the issue that the US has more qualified workers in that field and an environment set up for those companies to success. By improving those things you will start to become competitive. Tariffs can only help very limited and have a lot of downsides.
Yes, and many high end Tech people that have gone to the best schools in the USA have decided to return to their countries because of the rhetoric and bullshit. This is a LARGE mistake, these are the people you should try your hardest to keep.

when you buy a mini do they cut your balls off at the dealership or do they just give you a voucher to use your own doctor to remove your manhood?

BS. I don't believe that a decision to close a factory is made overnight like that. The trade war just started. They simply made a better deal with China. you think they just decided this?

I agree with this line and would like to add US manufactured cars will never wind up in the China market. In order succeed in China you have to build in China.

I can't see any possible positive outcome here. Seems like the best-case scenario is that we hurt America but we hurt other countries more? What's the goal supposed to be?

Trump believes the US economy can outlast China in a long term trade war and he might be right but like real wars there will be A LOT of US collateral damage. I’m curious why he wouldn’t wait until 2020 to start this as I think there is enough time remaining before elections for their to be enough damage done to hurt his chances for re-election.

when you buy a mini do they cut your balls off at the dealership or do they just give you a voucher to use your own doctor to remove your manhood?

Any manhood that can be lost due to the kind of car you drive was never manhood at all.

Trump believes the US economy can outlast China in a long term trade war and he might be right but like real wars there will be A LOT of US collateral damage.

The problem is that there's no plausible objective. We can't "outlast" anyone if we have no concrete, plausible goal that we're working toward. It's like the North Korea thing, where the best-case scenario is just a return to the pre-stupidity status quo.

Trump believes the US economy can outlast China in a long term trade war and he might be right but like real wars there will be A LOT of US collateral damage. I’m curious why he wouldn’t wait until 2020 to start this as I think there is enough time remaining before elections for their to be enough damage done to hurt his chances for re-election.

What's "outlasting China" supposed to look like anyway? US manufacturing can't hope to compete with China when they pay their workers a couple of hundred bucks a month for 70 hour weeks in suicide factory conditions. If American consumers are prevented from buying cheap Chinese stuff they're going to be pissed. Chinese consumers might get pissed if they can't buy American food, but China can use police with sticks on them until they change their minds. It really doesn't make sense. Trump is dealing with democracy and voters, where as China can control people with sticks and indefinite detention without trial.

It's just Trump being a dotard. Making things up as he goes along and having unwarranted levels of self belief in his own bullshit. He's spent the first 2 years of his presidency sacking advisers who say things he doesn't like. When other countries do that the media call it a purge. He has whittled down "the best people" to a bunch of yes men who don't get in the way and considers himself his own adviser.

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

"I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff."

What's "outlasting China" supposed to look like anyway? US manufacturing can't hope to compete with China when they pay their workers a couple of hundred bucks a month for 70 hour weeks in suicide factory conditions. If American consumers are prevented from buying cheap Chinese stuff they're going to be pissed. Chinese consumers might get pissed if they can't buy American food, but China can use police with sticks on them until they change their minds. It really doesn't make sense. Trump is dealing with democracy and voters, where as China can control people with sticks and indefinite detention without trial.

It's just Trump being a dotard. Making things up as he goes along and having unwarranted levels of self belief in his own bullshit. He's spent the first 2 years of his presidency sacking advisers who say things he doesn't like. When other countries do that the media call it a purge. He has whittled down "the best people" to a bunch of yes men who don't get in the way and considers himself his own adviser.

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

"I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff."

Actually due to automation and AI USA can easily compete with china, No point in robots making shit in china just to ship to Europe or US.

And US can handle social unrest a hell of a lot easier then the Chinese can, there is no toppling the US gov while being topples if the commis biggest fear well that and hanging form trees.

Actually due to automation and AI USA can easily compete with china, No point in robots making shit in china just to ship to Europe or US.

And US can handle social unrest a hell of a lot easier then the Chinese can, there is no toppling the US gov while being topples if the commis biggest fear well that and hanging form trees.

What do you do to solve for unemployment when automation and AI takes over? Are you for increasing handouts to citizens? I feel like we're quickly automating a lot of easy work while maintaining our mentality of "everyone should work for a living.". Hell, I even catch myself frowning upon people that fail to establish a career or work consistently. I'm worried we're developing tech faster than empathy.

So how does this help the blue collar workers who voted for him? Automation and AI won't create masses of jobs, it'll create a few for people with fancy college degrees. The US gov won't get toppled, but the current administration might. He's already fucked the farmers who sell to China, he needs to keep voters if he wants to get past 2020.

It's mad how people hate Trump so much they think him trying to equal the playing field on import/export tariffs is actually a bad thing. The US has been losing out in this area for 20+ years, this is the one stand that a US President was going to have to take sooner or later, regardless of the fall out. The fact that Bush or Obama didn't was a huge sign of weakness on our part.

Grow up, read an economics book and stop hating for the sake of hating.

It's mad how people hate Trump so much they think him trying to equal the playing field on import/export tariffs is actually a bad thing. The US has been losing out in this area for 20+ years, this is the one stand that a US President was going to have to take sooner or later, regardless of the fall out. The fact that Bush or Obama didn't was a huge sign of weakness on our part.

Grow up, read an economics book and stop hating for the sake of hating.

The tariff war he started isn't him trying to level the playing field. He's just tossing hand grenades into the swimming pool while the house is on fire.

There is no exit strategy for this trade war.

Back