Incoming casualties of the Tariff War...

Strychnine

War Room Peace Addict
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
President Trump started a tariff war but it seems that the strategy of "We're America B*tch!" isn't an exit strategy at all. Especially when those other countries have heavy ammo too.

Tariffs cause BMW to move production out of South Carolina

"Today BMW announced that it will start making Mini cars in China. Bloomberg News reports that BMW AG signed a joint venture with Great Wall Motor Company, China’s leading SUV producer. The 50-50 venture will make electric vehicles for both partners. China is the world’s largest automotive market.

It looks like the 10,000 BMW employees in Spartanburg, South Carolina will be out of luck in all this. They can thank Republicans for the hostile business environment in the US, one that will be costing them jobs."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...uction-out-of-South-Carolina?detail=emaildkre

The video is biased but it has factual information.

Now I'm just simple retiree and I'm no stable genius... Maybe The President is playing 5-D Chess...

But right now I'm thinking the "D" stands for Deferment...

BS. I don't believe that a decision to close a factory is made overnight like that. The trade war just started. They simply made a better deal with China. you think they just decided this?

China is a manufacturing mega power, I'm pretty sure $ is the reason they moved

I can't see any possible positive outcome here. Seems like the best-case scenario is that we hurt America but we hurt other countries more? What's the goal supposed to be?

I can't see any possible positive outcome here. Seems like the best-case scenario is that we hurt America but we hurt other countries more? What's the goal supposed to be?
im pretty sure the goal is to have a trade balance with china that isnt so heavily lopsided in their favor as well as to become more self reliant on manufacturing of goods and technology.

Not one trump policy will help the dumb working class rubes who got him elected. Not one.

Trump fvking over his base yet again...

{<jordan}

Will these people ever learn.

President Trump started a tariff war but it seems that the strategy of "We're America B*tch!" isn't an exit strategy at all. Especially when those other countries have heavy ammo too.

Tariffs cause BMW to move production out of South Carolina

"Today BMW announced that it will start making Mini cars in China. Bloomberg News reports that BMW AG signed a joint venture with Great Wall Motor Company, China’s leading SUV producer. The 50-50 venture will make electric vehicles for both partners. China is the world’s largest automotive market.

It looks like the 10,000 BMW employees in Spartanburg, South Carolina will be out of luck in all this. They can thank Republicans for the hostile business environment in the US, one that will be costing them jobs."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...uction-out-of-South-Carolina?detail=emaildkre

The video is biased but it has factual information.

Now I'm just simple retiree and I'm no stable genius... Maybe The President is playing 5-D Chess...

But right now I'm thinking the "D" stands for Deferment...

So now BMWs are going to be made at the Great Wall factory in Baoding....Bet these will be awesome lol like the Honda’s that are built in china that you see guys bolting together with hand tools in front of dealerships. Good job BMW you sure showed the evil USA!!!

BS. I don't believe that a decision to close a factory is made overnight like that.

That was the logic applied on this forum in Nov 16 with a bunch of threads about "random factory not closing because trump won!"

Trump fvking over his base yet again...

{<jordan}

Will these people ever learn.

giphy.gif

im pretty sure the goal is to have a trade balance with china that isnt so heavily lopsided in their favor as well as to become more self reliant on manufacturing of goods and technology.

There's no reason to think that the actions will lead in any way to that outcome. Also, doesn't make sense to say "in their favor." We get free stuff, they get more demand for domestic labor. Given current labor market state, the imbalance is in our favor.

Any chance that supporters will judge the actions according to what you think the goal is?

Last edited:
Small price to pay to win the war.

USA is taking it to way to easy, the need to go hard and bring he commi scum to their knees.

I love all the yellow card poster with 2 week-1month old accounts.

You fucking losers who were banned really need to get a hobby or find a girl (lulz, as if a girl wants you dweebs)

Isn't Great Wall owned by the Chinese gubament?

Back