Inch By Inch, Daniel Cormier Is The GOAT Light Heavyweight Ever

Only LHW I know that has the title without actually winning it from its former and proper holder, TWICE.. yes JJ fucked up, but come on. even DC says he lost the 2nd bout. This isn't how he wanted to win the title.

Well yeah inch by inch he gets it by default, not that it means much though.

GOAT at living in another fighter's shadow.
It's not like putting him above Jones means anything. People who like JJ will tout him and people who like DC will tout him. In the end, people will talk about Jon Jones' greatness for years to come, good or bad. DC will always get mentioned in those conversations as an also-ran.
HOWEVER....DC definitely has a shorter reach...so there's that.

Juicehead self-eliminating thru his continual cheating, yes, DC is the LHW goat.

No.. Just no.. DC can't get it and never will. This is the problem with his legacy. Jones might as well come out on Sat and club him with a chair WWE style costing him the belt. DC can't and will never get away from Jones.. Jones fuck ups and all is now and might always be the LHW GOAT..

Come on now.

Let's live in the real world where this happened.

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_500.gif
Steroids are a thing of beauty fo sho.

Why would the most talented person in the sport need to take peds in order to compete vs smaller and older opponents? :confused:

Why would Barry Bonds one of the most talented baseball players of all time need to take steroids to hit HR's? Bad decisions all around and looking for any edge. Jones career is split into 2 parts kind of like Tyson. Tyson was all washed up basically once he came out of prison, and he never recovered. Jones at age 27 after he beat DC, the first time was shockingly at the end of his best. He threw the rest away with bad decisions.

I put LOL because I actually laughing out loud. If you take the forum seriously, that is your choice. Be happy with it, and get on my case for making a different choice.

I am not denying that you can inject some steroids into your ass, train like a bodybuilder and look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime (depending on your genetics). I am not denying that you can inject some steroids into your ass, train like Usain Bolt, and improve your 40 yard dash from 10 seconds to 9.95 seconds.

The question I am asking how does looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger and having an improved 40 yard dash make you win more fights, hence a better fighter.

Fighting is not the Olympics, where you can say "I am better because my time has improved or I can throw the discus a little further and etc." The only way you can show you are a BETTER fighter is by WINING more fights.

Don't give that bullshit "baseline" argument. No fighter's baseline can be measured. You can measure Usain Bolts baseline, because he runs in a straight for 100M and he is timed.

In MMA, all types of things are possible. You don't have to be the best boxer, you don't have to be the best wrestler, you don't have to be the best at BJJ and etc.

So, how are you even going to measure a fighter's baseline in BJJ, wrestling, fight IQ, boxing and etc?

It is just a ridiculous argument. The only way you can say that steroids work, is if the fighters taking steroids are more likely to win than those who aren't.

So far, the record shows that steroid fighters and non-steroids fighters have about the same chance of winning fights. Until I see evidence that contradict this fact, and I am not changing my hypothesis that "steroids don't work in MMA." It is a pretty reasonable stance based on the best available evidence.

An improvement in benching ability doesn't mean an improvement in fighting ability.
If steroids didn't increase the chances of winning, why would fighters even take them? I don't think your argument holds up too well.

Back