Inability to sleep - have you ever experienced that?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am not saying insomnia because each of us got its own interpretation of this word.

Let's class this as inability to sleep for longer than 24 hours, and any consecutive 24 hours with less than 1 hour sleep.

I had it for a week. With total of 5 hours rest, because I couldn't call it sleep. It was a week when Diablo 3 came out and I took time off from work. My sleep pattern was restored when I came back from work tired, slept 10 hours straight then woke up with fierce headache.

Did any of you experienced something like that, and if you can in what circumstances and for how long?

I couldn't sleep for 96 hours after the first time I saw Mark Wiens staring at me while eating.

The most I could do was 48 hours without sleep and I had a massive nosebleed that wouldn't stop.

I get 4 to 5 hours a sleep a night. It's been that way for years. I haven't slept 8 hours in 7 to 9 years. I laugh when I hear people say that they can't function without 8 hours of sleep.

I get 4 to 5 hours a sleep a night. It's been that way for years. I haven't slept 8 hours in 7 to 9 years. I laugh when I hear people say that they can't function without 8 hours of sleep.

I did the same often times sleeping 4-5hrs or even less for about fifteen years straight. These days I require more sleep. It seems like the more active I am, the less sleep I require for whatever reason.

Just normal insomnia. Which is absolutely horrible for your brain btw. When I was younger, I slept like a goddamn rock all the way until my early 20's. I miss that. Sometimes It's a few hours interspersed with sleep paralysis. Or a few hours and wake up with a migraine. Then sometimes I go to sleep at 4 am and wake up at like 3pm. Feelsbadman.

Sleep deprivation is terrible for your body and brain. You never get those hours back either, it basically just sucks the youth out of you.

It happens to everyone but I feel bad for the people it happens to everyday for years.

Most people are sleep deprived throughout the weekdays at least

I've never experienced the inability to sleep. I've gone for 72 hours without sleep but not because I couldn't sleep.

Every once in a while I'll get into a weird thing for a few days where my mind refuses to shut down. I'll stay awake almost all night. It really fucking sucks.

My sleep patterns are inconsistent. Just embrace it, and don't let it get you anxious. If you're up at 3, you're up at 3.

I've had trouble sleeping pretty much my entire life. It takes a lot of work for me to get on anything resembling a normal and unassisted (no booze, no drugs) sleep schedule. And once I do, I have to stick to firmly because one day of sleeping in will absolutely ruin it.

yes i hate missing sleep but my mind runs wild right before bed and I have a lot of trouble sleeping. still usually get around 7 hours but i feel i need more. I think sleep deprivation is one the biggest ills plaguing our society

Years ago I worked over nights for a while, that shit will fuck up your sleep patterns good and proper.

Insomnia was just something you had to get used to at that point.

I used to work rotating shifts. There were way too many times when I was in full on zombie mode, worst one was when I'd cooked dinner, then sat there staring at my meal wondering how the fuck it got there because I didn't remember cooking it. I got out of that line of work shortly thereafter.

I occasionally get stress based insomnia just laying in bed mind a mess but mostly if I am up for over 24 hours it's because of drugs.

I find that when I'm just closing my eyes to rest my eyes and don't intend to go to sleep yet due to trying to stay awake while something is charging or didn't brush teeth yet or set TV & DVR sleep timer, I often doze off.

yes i hate missing sleep but my mind runs wild right before bed and I have a lot of trouble sleeping. still usually get around 7 hours but i feel i need more. I think sleep deprivation is one the biggest ills plaguing our society
I read an article saying only during sleep is when your brain is relaxed enough to allow bad Alzheimers proteins to be flushed away. This is probably why lack of sleep makes people's brains not work right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back