In your opinion, who's the best wrestler to ever compete while fighting in the UFC? POLL

Matt Hughes
GSP
Daniel Cormier
Randy Couture
Brock Lesnar
Chael Sonnen
Cain Velasquez
Phil Davis
Dan Severn
Jon Jones
Rashad Evans
Mark Coleman
Other
On paper, Henry The messenger Cehudo has he best credentials.. Olympic Gold,
We have Romero, DC, and McNann

In reality, GSP, Jon Jones, 125 Mighty Mouse, Romero, DC, and Cain are crazy good. These guys are A+

A- would be Cruz, Rockhold, And of late, Maia.

Your list is missing a fuck load of solid candidates.
No it's not. I'm talking about relevant UFC fighters that are great at wrestling. Which one uses his wrestling to his best advantage in your own opinion? It's not rocket science guys.

And thanks for the poll mods.

M. Schultz vs. Marco Ruas
M. Schultz vs. Rickson Gracie
M. Schultz vs. Oleg Taktarov
M. Schultz vs. Bas Rutten
M. Schultz vs. Kazushi Sakuraba

it's a travesty that the world didn't get to see these fights, IMO.
Schultz had a lot of respect for Rickson. He eventually got his black belt from Pedro Sauer... A rickson Gracie black belt.

GSP

It's crazy he never wrestled before his MMA career

I was promised a poll.

Gsp was so impressive because he started so late at it, imagine if he grew up doing it, he'd probably have a couple gold medals.

I'd say for me after gsp would be Chael, that power double is picture perfect. Obviously Cain Jones and Hughes are big time as well.

Matt Hughes
GSP
Daniel Cormier
Randy Couture
Brock Lesnar
Chael Sonnen
Cain Velasquez
Phil Davis
Dan Severn
Jon Jones
Rashad Evans
Mark Coleman
Other

i'd say GSP -- the best non-wrestler to out-wrestle 'em best wrestlers of his day

GSP for sure. Followed by Jones.

Mark Kerr deserves a mention.

I love Chael and I do think he's right up there. But he struggled with Bisping and was worked by Bones and Rashad, who was also worked by Bones. I know it's at LHW, but Chael wasn't out of his depth in that weight class.

Schultz had a lot of respect for Rickson. He eventually got his black belt from Pedro Sauer... A rickson Gracie black belt.
really? He has a BB under Pedro Sauer? I train with guys who've trained quite a bit with Pedro, he's an awesome instructor. Good on Schultz!

Anyone have the pic of Coleman dumping Jones on his ass in training?

Nope, but I need to see it.

aughdangit.jpg

Holy shit that's awesome! Mark would be an absolute nightmare to roll with. I bet he has all sorts of nasty chokes and pressure passes. YIKES!!!
He's had back issues for a while but I would imagine he's still nasty on the mat. He started bjj after rolling with rickson. He looks super excited in the pic. The dedication has to be unreal... College wrestling Champ, Olympic gold medalist, then go get a black belt in bjj.

Too many ppl are picking Shale mainly off his hype and performance against an alltime great who has mediocre wrestling, and his best wrestling performances have come against guys with serious holes in their wreslting. Wrestling is more than having a great blast double. He didnt have the variety outside of it so in positions outside the blast double range he tended to struggle like near the clinch where even guys like Anderson were stuffing them. Defensively he had flaws tho and shouldve been more difficult to take down. Babalu took him down at will. Anderson even got him down. IIRC Bisping (who has great TDD, whizzering and ability to get back to his feet which really troubled Shale) did too. Demian completely schooled him in the clinch with that lateral drop were Shales wrestling offense is limited. Bones and Hashad made him look like a child when he was put on the defensive too

GSP or Jones. They both have destroyed some of the best wrestlers at their own game.
And neither accomplished wrestlers in their own right. GSP never wrestled and he stuffed very good wrestlers in Fitch and Kos. I know Bones had JC success, but that doesnt compare to an Olympian, who he crushed.

Its pretty amazing.

Back