In your opinion, who's the best wrestler to ever compete while fighting in the UFC? POLL

MuyThaiElbows

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Matt Hughes
GSP
Daniel Cormier
Tito Ortiz
Randy Couture
Brock Lesnar
Chael Sonnen
Ken Shamrock
Cain Velasquez
Phil Davis
Dan Severn
Jon Jones
Rashad Evans
Mark Coleman
Other

Last edited:
Such a hard question to answer, incredibly subjective. I'm gonna say GSP then Jones if we're talking MMA wrestling.

Depends on what you mean by "best". Do you mean, most highly credentialed? Most effective in the cage?

Such a hard question to answer, incredibly subjective. I'm gonna say GSP then Jones if we're talking MMA wrestling.
As in the best fighter you've seen use wrestling while fighting in the UFC.

GSP or Jones. They both have destroyed some of the best wrestlers at their own game.

Severn was so wrestling-centric he'd be hard to leave off any list regarding UFC wrestlers

Why is Chael Sonnen always on these lists?

Also, you need to clarify what "best" means. Best as in "most credentialed" wrestler in the sport, or "best" as in most successful MMA wrestling? Romero is a far more credentialed wrestler than GSP, but GSP is a much better MMA wrestler.

latest

Gotta include Mark Kerr on the list

Why is Chael Sonnen always on these lists?

Also, you need to clarify what "best" means. Best as in "most credentialed" wrestler in the sport, or "best" as in most successful MMA wrestling? Romero is a far more credentialed wrestler than GSP, but GSP is a much better MMA wrestler.
Sonnen was an elite wrestler that rag dolled many top contenders including Anderson Silva for 25 minutes.

And if you read the title, I'm asking which fighter you think uses wrestling to his or her advantage to win fights in the UFC the best.

brock lesnar, dan Henderson, randy coutour, dan severn in that order

Dont understand what the thread is about (no offence).

GSP won every single fight of his career by out wrestling everyone.
However, his stand up is no joke.

If we're talking Chael Sonnen, with a very poor stand up who stil managed to be very succesful at the sport with his wrestling

Back