In your opinion, who is the most underrated fighter of all time?

Carlos Condit. 30 wins. 15 submissions, 13 KOs, 2 decisions. Never KO'ed in 40 total fights.

People crapped on him for the Diaz fight but he's the one of the most consistent (and varied) finisher of all time and had a chin of steel.
Fuck ya Wow! "The Natural Born Killer"

Clearly it's Conor McGregor. Not enough people give him the god-like praise he deserves.

Mark Hunt
He almost submit Fedor in his prime.

Hendricks was a couple of dodgy split decisions against GSP and Lawler away from legendary, and as much as most of us don't like the guy personally; he put on some great entertaining fights for a couple of years there, no denying that!

Probably Hansen if you look at his peak wins. Hominick for skill. Shields for all-time.

Could possibly be Ian Freeman. UK MMA pioneer who defeated Frank Mir, Ricco Rodriguez, Mark Epstein, Paul Cahoon, retired undefeated Tedd Williams and had one of the best fights of all time against Vernon White. And he's pretty much completely forgotten by MMA history.

Art Jimmerson is underrated. I'm not saying he was a great fighter or anything, but people only remember him for his loss to Gracie as if it was a shame to lose a fight. He was the one who lasted the longest against Gracie in UFC1, when no one knew about BJJ, and that was despite wearing a boxing glove. He is remembered by many as a joke, which I think is completely unfair. He is a legend in his own right.

I think that if he went in there bare knuckle or with 2 gloves on, he wouldn't have received that notoriety at all.

Randy Couture, I don't see any love for the Natural, although I presume he has his fans but still the guy beat a ton of legends:
Vitor Belfort x2
Maurice Smith
Kevin Randleman
Chuck Liddell
Tito Ortiz
Tim Sylvia
Mark Coleman.

Not to mention the calibre of guys he lost to:
Josh Barnett (on roids)
Vitor Belfort (after controversial eye injury)
Chuck Liddell x2
Brock Lesnar
Big Nog
Lyoto Machida

Also the guy won his UFC titles at the ages of 34 vs Smith at 36, 37 when Randleman was 29, 40 when Ortiz was 28, 41 when Belfort was 27, 43 when Sylvia was 33.

And he beat highly regarded Brandon Vera on a one sided decision at the age of 46 when Vera was at his real peak at 32.
He proved the odds makers wrong so many times they might as well of stopped doing bets for his fights.

Jake Shields - Possibly the second best WW ever. Dude outgrappled Demina Maia. Well, sorta.
Jon Fitch - Another great WW overshadowed by a dominant champ.
Daniel Cormier - A great HW and a great LHW. Beaten only by Jon Jones.

Too bad Shields lost to Fitch
If he would have won that fight, he would have cemented his #3 spot on the WW division

miocic should get consideration. hunt, arlovski, werdum, overeem and JDS all in a row, all by KO, and he's barely an afterthought here.

if he was some loudmouth attention-seeking trash talker, you'd have people jumping up and down about p4p best ever and 'stipe bless'. for some reason it doesn't seem to sink in what an incredible run he's on.
He puts off an air of a simple guy just doing his job.

Fans pick up on that and give him exactly that response back.

But agreed with every point

I don't think Cruz gets the credit he deserves, dude's only lost twice, and he came back from like 3 career ending injuries

Conor!

Oh wait you said under rated I thought you meant over rated

I don't think Cruz gets the credit he deserves, dude's only lost twice, and he came back from like 3 career ending injuries
michael-bisping-ufc-fight-night-842.jpg

The correct answers are Matt Lindland, Romie Aram, and Philip Miller.

Back