In your opinion, who is the most underrated fighter of all time?

DJ is certainly hugely underrated on these boards and in the sport in general.

It's also clear that Demian Maia is clearly very underrated by fans and opponents. Although I think that's soon to change.

Agree with Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez. I'd also add Joachim Hansen, Genki Sudo, and Kazuo Misaki.

Old timer here so:

murilo-bustamante01.jpg

Dude was way, way out of his prime when he was fighting and against top talent out of his weight class. Sharp boxing and of course solid BJJ. Granite chin till the end of his career as well.

Last edited:
Renan Barao(!!!!)
Gilbert Melendez
Daniel Cormier

Old timer here so:

murilo-bustamante01.jpg

Dude was way, way out of his prime when he was fighting and against top talent out of his weight class. Sharp boxing and of course solid BJJ.

Agreed

Carlos Condit. 30 wins. 15 submissions, 13 KOs, 2 decisions. Never KO'ed in 40 total fights.

People crapped on him for the Diaz fight but he's the one of the most consistent (and varied) finisher of all time and had a chin of steel.

I don't think Cruz gets the credit he deserves, dude's only lost twice, and he came back from like 3 career ending injuries
I respectfully disagree and to the point where I think he's more of one of the most overrated fighters of all time.Dont get me wrong, a very good fighter with an extremely high fight IQ but I just never saw him as one of the " pound for pounders" in this sport and I know I'm in the minority cause you have social media and Daniel Cormier making him out to be this fighter who cleaned out his division 26 times.

I just never saw it but thats just one man ' s opinion.

DC for mine. And it won't even change if he beats Jones. He's got the Conor syndrome where it doesn't matter what he accomplishes, the haters will find reasons to discredit it.

Frank Shamrock. Pioneer of the sport but barely gets praise for what he has done in MMA.

The Ukraine Freight Train, Ice Cold Igor Vovchanchyn. Dude was on a crazy 37 fight win streak if I'm correct,and was 42-2-1 when he fought Coleman for the 2000 GP finals...

hqdefault.jpg

Franklin, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Sean Sherk, Caol Uno, Genki Sudo, Tim Sylvia...

Frank Shamrock. Before the Diaz fight, he got his due as one of MMA's fore father's, but afterwards people act like he's some bum that Diaz beat up.

Back