In your opinion what years were the "Golden" age of MMA/UFC/PRIDE

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I gotta say 2002 to 2010 Steroids. Pride rules. 10 minute first round. The rivalries. Man, good times. Great fights.

Last edited:
It was like a party.... this was epic. ANDERSON SILVA UH HUH UH HUH UH HUH

Right now. In general, we are seeing a much better product than a bunch of sambo Russians beating Japanese WWE actors. LOL

Its hard to get better than roids and 10mins first round

I'm 33 so I remember this golden age, I'm sure you guys are younger than me, some same age, some a little older. I think we can agree. These times were epic.

I'd extend it to 2010 otherwise perfect.

Right now.

I think MMA will keep getting better as the sport becomes more popular.

When GSP was cleaning out WW, Chute Boxe was roaming PRIDE like a pack of wolves, Cro Cop was kicking down trees, Fedor was Fedor.

If I had to pick a single year and organization it would be Pride 2005.

Truly epic.

For me 2002-2005 was definitely the golden age of MMA... so far at least.

The rise of McGregor has been literally a golden age for fans and the ufc having made them so much money and created so many massive exciting events, but now we're in a dark age of people refusing fights, feast or famine cards, new owners trying to figure out what they want to do with the product. I think once the new tv deal gets figured out things will get better. I do think for another golden to occur we need to go back to contenders fighting contenders and champions defending, ufc has gotten too far away from that, and it was exciting at first, but I'm over it. I miss straightforward number one contender fights and epic runs towards the title.

I gotta say 2002 to 2010 Steroids. Pride rules. 10 minute first round. The rivalries. Man, good times. Great fights.
I'm not a Pride fan boy but I did love staying up for JMMA/Kickboxing rather it was Pride or K-1 and had alot more enjoyment out of MMA from '03-'11.

My favorite MMA era was when Vovchanchyn was fighting, but I really enjoyed Conor's ascent too. Honestly, I think everything from Vale Tudo to Pride to today is one long, awesome Golden Age that will only come to an end when the US Government gets involved and insists on the awful boxing model.

Back