In what world does Cub deserve the title shot over Aldo?

The moment I heard Frankie was injured the first name that popped in my head to replace him was Aldo. Cub has been fighting very well recently, but against lower tier competition and is not able to get the finish. The most decorated FW champ and a guy with 2 wins over Frankie should be the obvious replacement.

obligatory gif post
giphy.gif

That is wec aldo..a completely different animal...he was a leg murdering machine...now, he thinks he's a just a boxer...haha

Agreed, but im not very hyped for this fight, after seeing what happened in the first fight.. I would have rather seen a fresh fight .. Hollway vs Ortega or Korean Zombie
Agreed. I rather see a new face

People crying about the Aldo vs Holloway rematch and saying Cub should have got the fight are delusional.

1. Cub is coming off a decision victory to Artem Lobov lol...
2. Cub has lost to all 3 fighters in question before (Aldo, Holloway AND Frankie)

Aldo is the man who has soundly beaten Frankie 2x and also the man who starched Cub in 3 seconds back in the day.

Its without question that Aldo deserves this fight. It's pretty much guaranteed to be a much more competitive fight than Cub Swanson, too...

Cub isn't championship caliber, never has been. So in what world does he deserve a title shot over one of the p4p kings?

In the post usada world

2. Cub has lost to all 3 fighters in question before (Aldo, Holloway AND Frankie)

Aldo is the man who has soundly beaten Frankie 2x and also the man who starched Cub in 3 seconds back in the day.

What century are we in again?

I do think some people could argue for Cub. "Aldo already lost to Max so recently, and is 1-2 in his last fights. Cub is on a 4 fight streak, and won fight of the year with Doo Ho Choi so he's sure to entertain."

But seeing as Cub has also lost to Max, and every other top 5 guys in the division (Aldo, Edgar, Lamas, Mendes) I don't think he's the guy.

There's no good contender around who hasn't already lost to Holloway, so that part is out of the equation. (Unless Mendes had came back with a win)

I do think some people could argue for Cub. "Aldo already lost to Max so recently, and is 1-2 in his last fights. Cub is on a 4 fight streak, and won fight of the year with Doo Ho Choi so he's sure to entertain."

But seeing as Cub has also lost to Max, and every other top 5 guys in the division (Aldo, Edgar, Lamas, Mendes) I don't think he's the guy.

There's no good contender around who hasn't already lost to Holloway, so that part is out of the equation. (Unless Mendes had came back with a win)

Okay, give Aldo Cubs last 4 and he would dominate.

Give Cub Aldos last 4 and he would lose every single time badly. (Max, Frankie, McGregor, Mendes)

Win streaks don't mean shit when you are fighting cans.

Cub had his redemption match vs Doo Ho Choi in a potential FOTY bout. He's in a 4 victories streak. Before his loss to Max and Edgar, he was on a 6 wins streak and two of his victories were against Dennis Siver and Dustin Poirier. Does that remind you of someone? He's a veteran and has been fighting for a longtime but he never had a title shot. The fact that Aldo just lost to Holloway by TKO. I'm not a fan of instant rematch unless it's a long time champion. Aldo should have gotten one vs Conor but we know he moved to LW. So instead, he got another title shot vs Edgar and won his belt back. Edgar had multiple shot at the belt. I believe it was time for Cub to have one. But since it's his last fight on his contract, the ufc show how much it's easy to lowball their veteran fighters in theses situtations. No wonder they keep losing big name like Rory and Mousasi.

More a sympathy shot. Give him title money one chance at gold for time served in sport. Obviously Aldo is higher ranked and better fighter than Cub.

In todays UFC Cub would be least offensive rub ever.

Back