In what world does Cub deserve the title shot over Aldo?

Chain Saw

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People crying about the Aldo vs Holloway rematch and saying Cub should have got the fight are delusional.

1. Cub is coming off a decision victory to Artem Lobov lol...
2. Cub has lost to all 3 fighters in question before (Aldo, Holloway AND Frankie)

Aldo is the man who has soundly beaten Frankie 2x and also the man who starched Cub in 3 seconds back in the day.

Its without question that Aldo deserves this fight. It's pretty much guaranteed to be a much more competitive fight than Cub Swanson, too...

Cub isn't championship caliber, never has been. So in what world does he deserve a title shot over one of the p4p kings?

Its the WME era. Logic doesn't apply to title shots anymore.

edit: (except in this case because Cub doesn't deserve the ts at all).

Agreed, but im not very hyped for this fight, after seeing what happened in the first fight.. I would have rather seen a fresh fight .. Hollway vs Ortega or Korean Zombie

People crying about the Aldo vs Holloway rematch and saying Cub should have got the fight are delusional.

1. Cub is coming off a decision victory to Artem Lobov lol...
2. Cub has lost to all 3 fighters in question before (Aldo, Holloway AND Frankie)

Aldo is the man who has soundly beaten Frankie 2x and also the man who starched Cub in 3 seconds back in the day.

Its without question that Aldo deserves this fight. It's pretty much guaranteed to be a much more competitive fight than Cub Swanson, too...

Cub isn't championship caliber, never has been. So in what world does he deserve a title shot over one of the p4p kings?
In what world does Aldo deserve a title shot?
Dude should have fought Cub, instead of being matched with fucking Lamas... and Cub with some no-name bum...

Cub only got 1 fight left on his contract, mystery solved.
And Aldo 4 fights.

Dude should have fought Cub, instead of being matched with fucking Lamas... and Cub with some no-name bum...

Aldo is the most deserving FW contender right now.

He has beaten everyone else soundly except Max. Even the guy that Max was supposed to fight, 2x.

Who else would you have given the shot to, if not Aldo?

Cub only got 1 fight left on his contract, mystery solved.
And Aldo 4 fights.

Who cares? He still doesn't deserve it more based on merit.

He can renew it and work his way to a title shot, if he believes in his skills.

He’s getting old and probably feels like this is his last big win streak, talks like he’s really put in the work to get a title shot. It took Bisping like 10 years to get his shot lol keep working Cub.

Cub could barely handle Artem. Holloway would eat him alive.

The moment I heard Frankie was injured the first name that popped in my head to replace him was Aldo. Cub has been fighting very well recently, but against lower tier competition and is not able to get the finish. The most decorated FW champ and a guy with 2 wins over Frankie should be the obvious replacement.

obligatory gif post
giphy.gif

Aldo is the most deserving FW contender right now.

He has beaten everyone else soundly except Max. Even the guy that Max was supposed to fight, 2x.

Who else would you have given the shot to, if not Aldo?
He got beat twice with stoppages in rapid succession however.
Edgar was a good option, though since Frankie is out and Max already fought Aldo and finished him, I’d say R-tem is the best option.

He got beat twice with stoppages in rapid succession however.
Edgar was a good option, though since Frankie is out and Max already fought Aldo and finished him, I’d say R-tem is the best option.

Oh no, it's retarded......

The moment I heard Frankie was injured the first name that popped in my head to replace him was Aldo. Cub has been fighting very well recently, but against lower tier competition and is not able to get the finish. The most decorated FW champ and a guy with 2 wins over Frankie should be the obvious replacement.

obligatory gif post
giphy.gif
A fight between them now would turn out very very very differently.

I think this was the UFC's attempt to apologize to Aldo for not getting him a proper rematch with McGregor

FWIW, Aldo wanted to fight Cub, it was the first person he wanted after losing the belt. Pretty sure Cub turned it down.

Cub has lost to all the top tier FWs. Max, Frankie, Aldo and Lamas. Plus, Aldo vs Max was a much more competitive fight than Cub vs Max. Cub got murked.

No one get aldo after a win over lobov

FWIW, Aldo wanted to fight Cub, it was the first person he wanted after losing the belt. Pretty sure Cub turned it down.

Cub has lost to all the top tier FWs. Max, Frankie, Aldo and Lamas. Plus, Aldo vs Max was a much more competitive fight than Cub vs Max. Cub got murked.
Looking stylistically at it, Aldo vs Cub would be an awesome fight and I’d give my left nut to see it.

Back