In these days, when fighters are refusing fights, holding up divisions, calling in sick...

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We have a guy like Perry. He calls everyone out. He will actually go fight anyone. He will fight anyone on no notice. And he fights like it is to the death.

He may not be the most skilled guy, and you can rip on him for that, and he might be rough around the edges, and you can be sensitive to such things, but as an MMA fan, I just don't know how you can't like him. He is in the mold of Robbie and Matt Brown.

i liked the old days when people didnt refuse fights, hold up divisions or get sick

Because as you said he lacks the skill to be elite (maybe he gets better in time) but just because you throw caution to the wind and like to bang bro doesn't make you a mix martial ARTIST, it makes you a fighter and as great as that is, i watch mma for skilled fighters not just fighters..

Oh and i don't have to be sensitive to appreciate a mma who can communicate effectively and properly. Just like someone doesnt have to be an idiot just because they like somone who is "rough around the edges"

Most fighters fight. Perry is not special.

We have a guy like Perry. He calls everyone out. He will actually go fight anyone. He will fight anyone on no notice. And he fights like it is to the death.

He may not be the most skilled guy, and you can rip on him for that, and he might be rough around the edges, and you can be sensitive to such things, but as an MMA fan, I just don't know how you can't like him. He is in the mold of Robbie and Matt Brown.
Yea. Fight anyone on a moment's notice for whatever pay the UFC gives him.

That is how you run a business. You figured it out.

He's only got 2 fights this year TS. He ain't no Cowboy Cerrone.

i liked the old days when people didnt refuse fights, hold up divisions or get sick
I did too but then Dana was an ass hole and started firing guys for losing 2 fights. That made most people reluctant to take fights on short notice or in less than perfect health. He is part of the problem.

Because as you said he lacks the skill to be elite (maybe he gets better in time) but just because you throw caution to the wind and like to bang bro doesn't make you a mix martial ARTIST, it makes you a fighter and as great as that is, i watch mma for skilled fighters not just fighters..

Oh and i don't have to be sensitive to appreciate a mma who can communicate effectively and properly. Just like someone doesnt have to be an idiot just because they like somone who is "rough around the edges"
So I take it you only watch main events? :rolleyes:

Perry has show plenty of great skill despite how much you approve of him or not. Maybe you're just not a good judge of skill? Probably.

His muay thai has been great, getting him great KO's in his last 3 wins. He brings lots of confidence and energy. I'd rather support him than fake ass fighters like Conman McGregor and Bitchsping who refuse to fight rightful contenders.

He hasnt had a chance to be that guy yet. The struggle is real or at least I can easily imagine Perry thinking it is.

"When they build satellites to find God, they make them out of Platinum."

- Mike Perry

I probably didnt get that quote exactly right but its just about the only reason Im rooting for the guy. Great contextual quote, very savanty. Good luck Mike Perry.

So I take it you only watch main events? :rolleyes:

Perry has show plenty of great skill despite how much you approve of him or not. Maybe you're just not a good judge of skill? Probably.

His muay thai has been great, getting him great KO's in his last 3 wins. He brings lots of confidence and energy. I'd rather support him than fake ass fighters like Conman McGregor and Bitchsping who refuse to fight rightful contenders.
Actually no i watch all the fights, but thanks for asking. .. nothing he has shown me has been great skill, yes he can "throw leather" and yes he has a chin but chasing the ko doesnt make you a great fighter or a skilled mixed martial artist. I have yet to watch his latest loss as i was out of town, so i.ll tune in and see if he showed heart or skill

He's only got 2 fights this year TS. He ain't no Cowboy Cerrone.
Sure, but FWIW Cowboy himself only fought 3 times this year

Actually no i watch all the fights, but thanks for asking. .. nothing he has shown me has been great skill, yes he can "throw leather" and yes he has a chin but chasing the ko doesnt make you a great fighter or a skilled mixed martial artist. I have yet to watch his latest loss as i was out of town, so i.ll tune in and see if he showed heart or skill

he's got pretty good head movement for an MMA fighter. Ponzinibbio didn't really hit him until after Perry's leg was fucked up from the leg kicks.

Yeah at first I found him annoying, but he's starting to grow on me. I wanna see him fight Woodley just for the lulz. At least the trash talk will be great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back