In the world of pro MMA fighters becoming analyst, who is the best/worst ?

Mir was good. Paul Felder is good.

Tito is the worst by far.

Mir is OK in the talking head/analyst role for Bellator, but he was really good as a color guy for WEC. I think I've heard Felder 1-2X and liked him.

Bas, DC, and Mir

I can't believe I'm seeing Cruz on anybody's fav list. He's terrible and boring on top of that.

Yeah, in the Khabib/Conor fight Cruz said some stupid stuff, Rogan disagreed, then Cruz decided to agree with Rogan.

I often hoped that Bas would end up commentating for the UFC but no luck.

He is very knowledgeable and often very funny.

I actually think Rampage might make a good commentator as well.

Paul Felder is the best. Dominick Cruz is constantly trying to passively aggressively one up Rogan.

Oh and I am always impressed by how much live commentators in general get it wrong.
Joe, Anik, pros, etc.

They always mistake fighters, mistake left / right arm, and very often get it wrong for subs, etc.

Seriously how hard can it be to just do your fucking job properly and it's not a very complicated job.
They are commentating live for 6+ hours.

I don't get the hate when someone briefly forgets something, gets something mixed up, etc.

And I would disagree with your criticisms with Bisping in that, yeah, he doesn't offer big, analytical words and great examples, but I dare you to write down his picks and contrast them to other "analysts". You'll come to find out that he's not always right, but he has a way better track record, gut feeling and understanding of what's real than others. So the least eloquent guy is the most trust-worthy. He's also funny and a great barometer for people you don't wanna be around with, meaning: anyone who hates Bisping is usually a pretentious bore.

I'm not a Bisping hater, because I think he can be funny as fuck, so even when he is a douche he is likable.
That said, I don't agree because he does miss a lot of obvious details. Maybe I just shouldn't seem him as a fight analyst, but as a color commentator.

Yeah, in the Khabib/Conor fight Cruz said some stupid stuff, Rogan disagreed, then Cruz decided to agree with Rogan.

Yeah, made a topic about that before. "Conor is trying to gas out Khabib" .. "lol no he's getting smashed" . he then agreed, then 4th round Conrad got a second wind "See I told you, he was gassing him out!" .
I think he just had a little crush on Conor. My brain kind of tunes Cruz out so I don't really hear what other shit he says .

They are commentating live for 6+ hours.

I don't get the hate when someone briefly forgets something, gets something mixed up, etc.

Well the get mixed up too often and they call subs wrong all the fucking time.

DC is really good and I feel like he's getting better at it. I thought he sucked at it the first couple times.

Best: Bas Rutten
Worst: Tito/Hardy

Yeah, cuz women are just suppose to be your fucken eye candy right? She has a lot of experience competing on a very high level, and is very knowledgeable of the sport. I think she did a fine job.
hahah BoyGeorge finally getting into the fray with sherdog. Bravo, and your yellow belt should be a badge of honor

Giblert's hard to watch. Like the guy, but just doesn't have what it takes

Best- DC, he knows every single little detail about wrestling and he always explains the technical side of striking very well. Also I like his humour, the guy just enjoys himself.

Worst- Woodley, (probably biased) but to me he says shit that doesn't matter when it comes to striking, always over complicates simple strikes in his break downs and he's beyond arrogant. (sort of like a less technical Cruz)

- Cruz, the guy is a genius and understands the striking game as good as anybody but I notice he has this weird habit of shitting on other commentators and comes off as super arrogant. He tends to make it sound like he can predict everything the fighter is planning (like when Condit was "pretending" to get choked out)

Felder is ok, he stays in his lane.

Oh and I am always impressed by how much live commentators in general get it wrong.
Joe, Anik, pros, etc.

They always mistake fighters, mistake left / right arm, and very often get it wrong for subs, etc.

Seriously how hard can it be to just do your fucking job properly and it's not a very complicated job.
I've cornered many fights and sometimes it's hard as fuck to see what's going on from your angle of the cage. Way easier to see everything while only watching the tv

Back