In the world of pro MMA fighters becoming analyst, who is the best/worst ?

Yeah Bas is probably the best.

IMMA-Bas-Rutten-2-Credit-Ian-Mosley.jpg

I wish Brian Stann would come back

Bisping is the absolute worst. He’s an arrogant jerk, and a sexist scum who constantly belittles Karyn.

And as for the best, I think Koscheck was absolutely stellar when he did it a few years back. Not sure why they never brought him back.

I remember Koscheck was cringy as hell...he was terrible...

Americans love the English accent, I don't like Hardy/Gooden.

Like there's an 'English' accent.
As someone who has one, the two of them have VERY different English accents.
Hardy has a Nottingham accent and Gooden a London one.
Bisping a NW one and Till is 100% scouse from Liverpool. Bisping and Till grew up 50 miles or 80km apart but sound absolutely nothing like each other. There are a lot of regional accents in a relatively small area.

If you're not a native speaker I think hearing accents is really hard though, I've been told two French people I know have different accents but I just hear French.

Anyway best - DC, good technical and makes me laugh.
Worst - Tito, he didn't seem to have a clue what was going on.

General analyst?

Shale is top of the shelf IMO.

I found Dominik Cruz absolutely atrocious during Conor-Khabib.

Oh and I am always impressed by how much live commentators in general get it wrong.
Joe, Anik, pros, etc.

They always mistake fighters, mistake left / right arm, and very often get it wrong for subs, etc.

Seriously how hard can it be to just do your fucking job properly and it's not a very complicated job.

they put her on for a pretty face...but she was god aweful...
Yeah, cuz women are just suppose to be your fucken eye candy right? She has a lot of experience competing on a very high level, and is very knowledgeable of the sport. I think she did a fine job.

Yeah, cuz women are just suppose to be your fucken eye candy right? She has a lot of experience competing on a very high level, and is very knowledgeable of the sport. I think she did a fine job.
white-knight-edited.jpg

Way to misinterpret @bigconan . How many unattractive women have you ever seen on the news? How many unattractive women have you seen doing MMA-related media? A woman's looks will always be the biggest factor when it comes to those jobs, that doesn't mean we think it's ethical, but it's the reality of media.

And Waterson was god awful.

Mir was good. Paul Felder is good.

Tito is the worst by far.

yes, women are eye candy...absolutely...and she sucked. she was god aweful.

As an analyst... dan hardy sounds good at times, but prediction wise...

He spoke with such a certainty that khabib was going to get murked, because no head movement...

Not so sure about that.
Seems like that’s not what happened, in this reality.

Daniel isn’t gonna have success closing the distance and in short range, stipe was going to murk him in close.
Opposite happened.

Rinse repeat...

I saw 3 of his predictions shows/vids all sounded wel thought out, all marvelously wrong, as in oppo/zoppo fashion.

I’ll give him this... he’s better than robin black.
He makes sense...

But imo, they both suck. In different ways.

Last edited:
Bas, DC, and Mir

I can't believe I'm seeing Cruz on anybody's fav list. He's terrible and boring on top of that.

Stann, Hardy, and DC are definitely up there.

But the absolute worst, hands down, you’ll be put to sleep listening to is Jessica Aguilar and her partner whoever the fuck he was for Bellator’s inaugural show on DAZN. Holy fuck did they suck. We watched the broadcast in Spanish for my dad. So the guy sounded like he didn’t know shit trying to make points and JAG, oh man, her cadence was slow like if she didn’t know Spanish. My dad was getting annoyed and even fell asleep stating her speaking knocked him out. Spanish speakers or even those who don’t know but can at least get a sense of what emotions are being expressed can feel da snooze from them.

Back