In the world of pro MMA fighters becoming analyst, who is the best/worst ?

Milan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'll start:

Best: Dan Hardy
Reason: Obvious Sherdogger as he praises "Sea Level Cain"

Worst: Bisping
Reason: Overall not very technically insightful. If it is not something controversial, he keeps it short and superficial, otherwise he just likes to stir the pot.
e.g. he goes super in-depth on Conrad tapping/quitting.
Absolutely clueless about the (real) submission Conor was in, being a real sub.
Did not understand it can break/dislocate jaws, and cutting of one artery is a choke..
And then, he completely disregards the fact that in round 3, Conor was cheating Khabib to prevent him to be taken down. "Khabib was tired".
Bisping should just stick to the comic relief role

Bisping is the absolute worst. He’s an arrogant jerk, and a sexist scum who constantly belittles Karyn.

And as for the best, I think Koscheck was absolutely stellar when he did it a few years back. Not sure why they never brought him back.

As far as UFC goes I really enjoy Paul Felder's commentary and think Dom needs to stick to desk work.

Outside of the UFC Julianna Peña commentating for Combate America's is literally the worst thing I've ever heard. Her commentary actively makes me angry they haven't replaced her yet.

Last edited:
Americans love the English accent, I don't like Hardy/Gooden.

Off the top of my head Yves Edwards, Miletich, and DC are up there as some of the better ones.

I liked Stann.

Schaub likes to pretend he's an analyst, but he's awful.

Come on guys, i think its pretty unanimous, the best ex fighter turned analyst is obviously Robin Black

<{yearp}>

I don't like Rogan but he is far from the worst.

I think the modern best analysis's from former pro's are:
Dan Hardy & DC

Worst: Gilbert Melendez, Dom, Bisping

Hardy
Stann
Miletich
Bas
Mir

huge gap

Dom
DC

bigger gap

Bisping
Tito
<{titihmm}>

Best: DC. Knowledgeable and gets you excited about the fight he's talking about.

Worst: Michelle Waterson. Great idea on paper...

...on paper.

Mir was so good in WEC. I hope he retires and gets back to it. He's better than any of the UFC analysts at the moment.

Back