In the ring Siver weighed 173lbs Penn weighed 154lbs

true or not,

the size disparity wasnt BJs problem.

it was insisting on boxing only against a varied standup striking attack, when he no longer boxes like he did.
- he failed to establish his jab
- he wasnt in control of distance
- he was eaten up by front snap kicks and teeps, mixed with spinning kicks keeping him out of pocket
- he was noticably slower than Siver or BJ used to be
Not to mention I don't think BJ Penn would give a s***I mean C'Mon the man has fought heavyweight...

if fight promotions really wanted us to know fighting weights they would just weight the fighters right before they got in the cage. easy. it is not done because they don't want the info to be out there apparently

even HBO's fight night weights are estimates because they often let fighter's weight in with clothes on and then guess as to how much the clothes added to the weight total

as for Siver's weight - I don't see the issue. seems unlikely to me that he was 173 but who knows? I don't like all the weight cutting in fight sports, there is no easy solution and in the meantime as long as everyone follows the rules, I don't see why anyone should complain.

Still doesn't matter. BJ looked like shit and would have lost to an 80 year old.

Just like this scenario?
C0T_ggOXcAAYAcU.jpg

It's always hilarious hearing a 5'8 Conor going around calling people "midget".

Fuck, man. That's some bullshit. Bj deserves better than to fight someone who outweighs him by 20 fucking pounds. Given how the fight went, it very well could have gone to Bj if the weights were closer...I mean, yeah, he gassed....but...maybe....

a mod made a mistake and changed the title of my post. It is a 100% fact that Siver weighed 173lbs at the pre fight weigh in conducted on fight night as soon as he entered the arena. I have heard this from both camps and my source in the UFC who weighed both fighters.

I can do that after dieting down for a few months prior to a meet, make weight, than slob on pancakes and Gatorade throughout the night and into the next day.

Penn basically quit in the 3rd round he was getting eviscerated out there against a bully.

true or not,

the size disparity wasnt BJs problem.

it was insisting on boxing only against a varied standup striking attack, when he no longer boxes like he did.
- he failed to establish his jab
- he wasnt in control of distance
- he was eaten up by front snap kicks and teeps, mixed with spinning kicks keeping him out of pocket
- he was noticably slower than Siver or BJ used to be

thanks. Weight really wasnt the problem at all in this fight. Even when leaving out the technical side BJ just quit in the 3rd because his cardio was gone. He should retire now for good.

Why not concentrate on BJJ if he still has the interest to compete and take part in some tourneys.
Would much prefer that to any stand up / mma fight.

And now BJ Penn fans have their excuse. Once again.

Still no report on this BS of a thread. Well done OP, your sources rock

lol, you think a 5'6" dude weighing 173, after cutting to 145 the day before, could go 3 hard rounds like that?

Its weird that they said he was 5 foot 6 and bj was 5 foot 9. Siver looked taller AND heavier

Back