In the ring Siver weighed 173lbs Penn weighed 154lbs

How did Siver gain so much weight overnight? I could see if Brock Lesnar or other heavyweights put on 30lbs after a weigh in. but how in the world does a featherweight put on almost 30lbs over night? I'd like to see everything he ate and drank post weigh in all the way up to the fight. That would be a ton of food, well at least 40lbs of food and liquids. the only way is IV. But IV's were banned because they help flush EPO and other garbage out of his system. just sayin.

Dunno if it's true or not... but if you've dehydrated yourself down by 28 lbs, you don't need an IV to bring you back up 28 lbs. You just need to drink fluids and make sure you're keeping your electrolytes balanced as you go.

I think Tony is lying about the 205. I don't see it. He doesn't stop working out. I think he has a size complex, which i kind of get, because he was an 3 sport athlete growing up.
Nick walks around @ 200 pounds, Nate was rumored to prior to the 2nd Conor fight.

Tony has pretty much the exact same frame they both do, with a lot of room to fill out.Tony's is probably even a little thicker.

A lot of guys with similar frames walk around @ 200 pounds at welterweight

I wouldn't be fooled by how he looks @ 155 when he diets down and restricts himself

give that boy some food and he'll get big regardless of how much he works out.

That's not true. GSP walks around at 190-195.

Ferguson is an ectomorph. At 5'11, he would be lucky get over 190, unless he put substantial on fat. Tony doesn't seem like a guy who puts fat on, nor have i ever seen it.
outside of camp when he's not trainin for a fight, I could see It. No problem.

His frame is pretty much like Nick and Nate's. Even Nick said he could fight at 155 if he wanted. Tony's might even be a little bigger / thicker.

I doubt that, but even if it is true, that had nothing to do with the fight.
2 rounds were very close, you don't think 20 pounds made a difference In a fight? are you high or just stupid?

The fact that Siver gained back nearly 30 lbs over 24 hours and maintained a gas tank over 3 rounds is quite impressive.

And the IV thing is impossible to catch. It's a waste of time to try.

You guys have never cut weight before.

I could drink 5 bottles of water in less than 2 minutes right now and I am not even cutting weight. I would literally step on the scale 5 pounds heavier because I just consumed 5 pounds.
It would take probably about 30 mins before I would have to take a piss but by then I would have been pounding more bottles of water if I was actually cutting weight.

Trust me, i have cut weight many times. I have put on 20 pounds in 24 hours. Every bottle of water actually weighs 16.9 oz. That is a pound and an ounce basically. You will go to the restroom and lose a pound or two each time but that does not compare to the dozens and dozens of water bottles you should be drinking between weigh in and fight time. And all the food in that day and a half time frame.

Is tap water ok too?

The weight cutting situation in MMA is a joke.

And so is not reporting fight time weights.

I don't doubt it, Siver is massive and has so much muscle on his frame.

Dennis_Siver.jpg

Oh well, who cares at this point, BJ Penn gassed out after 1 round. It's clear he shouldn't be fighting.

How did Siver gain so much weight overnight? I could see if Brock Lesnar or other heavyweights put on 30lbs after a weigh in. but how in the world does a featherweight put on almost 30lbs over night? I'd like to see everything he ate and drank post weigh in all the way up to the fight. That would be a ton of food, well at least 40lbs of food and liquids. the only way is IV. But IV's were banned because they help flush EPO and other garbage out of his system. just sayin.
dxsnq9jxilg0j9enmkxr.gif

current siver looked much smaller than he did in the conor fight

173-146 = 27.

It's a lot for a 145er, but not impossible.

Back