Opinion In The Middle of Fires, Trump Blames California, Threatens to Cut Federal Funding

Yep, I read it. That's probably why the Governor issued an executive order to improve forest management after the Little Hoover Commission concluded that California land owners had collectively managed the forests into a catastrophe. Like I said I don't live in California so I really don't know but the Governor seems to agree that the management of forests in California has not been correctly done.

It’s not done because it’s weather dependent and it takes months for the federal government to approve the necessary moves.

i love how you can post that sincerely, and leave out mentioning how the entire rest of the article points out how next to impossible it is to do that in California.

nothing but a Trump boot licker

"must defend Trump, must defend Trump"
th

"must defend Trump, must defend Trump"
th

Why would I have to defend Trump, I'm not a Republican and didn't vote for Trump. You guys just go batshit crazy every time Trump says something on Twitter. Take it easy, the world will keep on turning long after Trump is out of the White House.

Don't be hysterical. It may be possible that your hared of Trump has caused you to fail your due diligence on the topic. The gdamn governor of the state agreed that the forests were not managed properly and issued an executive order to try to start fixing it, but don't let reality creep in on you or anything.

and when actually doing due diligence, instead of cherry picking quotes, you get the information on why its been difficult to manage.

so piss off you dishonest bootlicker.

Why would I have to defend Trump, I'm not a Republican and didn't vote for Trump. You guys just go batshit crazy every time Trump says something on Twitter. Take it easy, the world will keep on turning long after Trump is out of the White House.

Maybe you just like being moronically argumentative to get attention, I don't know.

and when actually doing due diligence, instead of cherry picking quotes, you get the information on why its been difficult to manage.

so piss off you dishonest bootlicker.

Ad hominem will get you nowhere, try decaf.

The governor of California issued an executive order to try to manage the forests better. The Little Hoover Commission study found that there was an area the size of the state of Maryland that needed to be burned off or better managed, and The California fire chief said this.

We can prevent these large catastrophic fires or at least reduce the intensity...’Ken Pimlott, CalFire Chief

Everyone involved is agreeing that the forests in California need to be managed better except for you dorks that want to stamp your feet and throw a fit about Trump.

Trump spewing his nonsense again. He knows nothing about this.
Exactly. Like he knows the first thing about forestry management... just an opportunity to take a shot at CA while it’s down

Maybe you just like being moronically argumentative to get attention, I don't know.

Think what you will, the people involved in the problem all agree that the forests in California need to be managed better. You can blame that on the Fed, or on weather patterns, or on local government, whatever you like but what you can't do is pretend there isn't a problem.

No dude, there's no defending that bullshit tweet. This time for once I will say I can understand if people get "outraged" by that tweet.

Also, does the Trump administration even believe in climate change? Isn't their stance pretty much "who cares, who knows"?

This will only get worse because nothing is seriously being done about global warming...

No dude, there's no defending that bullshit tweet. This time for once I will say I can understand if people get "outraged" by that tweet.

Also, does the Trump administration even believe in climate change? Isn't their stance pretty much "who cares, who knows"?

This will only get worse because nothing is seriously being done about global warming...

Trump has no tact, I get it, but I've already demonstrated in this thread that the California Fire Chief, the governor of California, and the Little Hoover Commission all agree that the forests in California can be managed better.

Trump has no tact, I get it, but I've already demonstrated in this thread that the California Fire Chief, the governor of California, and the Little Hoover Commission all agree that the forests in California can be managed better.

Yes they can be managed better if everything falls into place(which is extremely difficulty per your own article) That’s like saying I can kick Brock lesnars ass. His tweet is essentially threatening to cut funding if they don’t do a better job, when it appears that California is doing all it can.

He could be right, I don't know. Are you up on forestry and the mistakes that may or may not be happening in California? It would be interesting if someone can speak up about what can be done to reduce these massive fires California has all the time.
I was tempted to start a thread on this when I read it this morning. As is usual with Trump he's not offering specific solutions or complaints but rather blanket statements such as saying it's just "Mismanaged".

The only thing he's ever said was something to the effect of "they need to open up logging in protected lands to clear out dead overgrowth".

Kind of sounds like a lumber industry lobbyists work at hand here. I'm not trying to slight him by saying he's been bought by industry.

Rather than offer the unpalateable solution of "let's cut down 30% of the trees" and catch flak himself, hes just doing his usual "these guys are idiots" game.

Sure they might be, but that has nothing to do with Trumps tweet. He's just claiming gross mismanagement without any evidence.

He claims everything and anything without evidence, and if he's called out, it's fake news. It's impossible to argue against his position no matter how inane it is.

Sure they might be, but that has nothing to do with Trumps tweet. He's just claiming gross mismanagement without any evidence.

Post #9, mismanagement may in fact be a problem. The commission concluded an area the size of Maryland needed to be burned off and the governor of the state issued an executive order to try to improve the situation.

In a February report, the watchdog Little Hoover Commission concluded that the way California landowners have collectively managed forests is an “unprecedented catastrophe.” In May, Gov. Jerry Brown issued an executive order to improve forest management, and with it, a dramatic change.

I was tempted to start a thread on this when I read it this morning. As is usual with Trump he's not offering specific solutions or complaints but rather blanket statements such as saying it's just "Mismanaged".

The only thing he's ever said was something to the effect of "they need to open up logging in protected lands to clear out dead overgrowth".

Kind of sounds like a lumber industry lobbyists work at hand here. I'm not trying to slight him by saying he's been bought by industry.

Rather than offer the unpalateable solution of "let's cut down 30% of the trees" and catch flak himself, hes just doing his usual "these guys are idiots" game.

Trump has no tact, I don't deny it, its just his style, always has been.

1. Trump shouldn't tweet he's going to cut funding.
2. California has to manage the forests better and the people involved agree with that.

Post #9, mismanagement may in fact be a problem. The commission concluded an area the size of Maryland needed to be burned off and the governor of the state issued an executive order to try to improve the situation.

In a February report, the watchdog Little Hoover Commission concluded that the way California landowners have collectively managed forests is an “unprecedented catastrophe.” In May, Gov. Jerry Brown issued an executive order to improve forest management, and with it, a dramatic change.
You're not getting the point. I will concede that something can be done and changed, however I'm not expert on the matter.

"There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor."

This is Trumps direct qoute. Do you think that's a reasonable statement backed up by evidence? Not to mentions he then just threatens taking away Fed payments which everyone knows is an empty threat but it completely encompasses Trumps entire political persona. A lot of hot air bullshit and tactlessness pointing fingers and creating enemies, instead of actually educating himself.

"There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor."

This is Trumps direct qoute. Do you think that's a reasonable statement backed up by evidence?

This is not evidence to you?

And yes, I know Trump has no tact, he grabs them by the pussy. In this case he may have a point though but he never should have tweeted I'm gonna cut funding, and he's not going to cut funding, he's just talking shit.

I think California's mismanagement is probably limited to not cutting down areas that should be thinned, and there's probably several layers of evironmental laws in the way of doing that logging.

That said, the only logging that prevents forest fires is wholesale clear-cutting miles at a time. Then even the grass will burn. I don't know enough to compare burn rates but grass may burn slower cause it's a smaller fuel than a 20 foot tree

This is not evidence to you?

And yes, I know Trump has no tact, he grabs them by the pussy. In this case he may have a point though but he never should have tweeted I'm gonna cut funding, and he's not going to cut funding, he's just talking shit.
He said that there's "no reason other than mismanagement", which is what I'm pointing to. Even if we concede that something could be done better (and it has to be), putting the entire fault on mismanagement and pretending this would never happen otherwise is not only completely tactless as mentioned, it's creates a false narrative. You keep posting the same article, but the contents of it has already been posted and shown that it's more complicated than that.

We agree on the rest.

We all know that if the GOAT state was red he would have something different to say. This is why we need more players to kneel for the anthem

That's what you get for voting Democrat;)

324b412ae9e3b1d03df82d556740d455 (1).jpg

Back