In the light of Disney's acquisition of 21st Century Fox

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
What does that mean for the new TV deal between Fox & UFC? Though Murdoch kept the TV networks under their umbrella & Still owns the FOX Sports, FS1, FS2, FOX Business so a renewal of this deal remains a possibility, but a new question arises. Will Fox be in any shape or position for increasing their offer or Do WME have to look at some place else?

UFC probably getting the boot from Fox in the future lol, didn’t Dana want 400 million for the new TV deal?

They will recieve over 50 Billion for the properties sold. That's a lotta contract renewal money.

What does that mean for the new TV deal between Fox & UFC? Though Murdoch kept the TV networks under their umbrella & Still owns the FOX Sports, FS1, FS2, FOX Business so a renewal of this deal remains a possibility, but a new question arises. Will Fox be in any shape or position for increasing their offer or Do WME have to look at some place else?

If I’m not mistaken, the deal left out Fox News, and fox sports. Keep in mind Disney owns ESPN, they didn’t need fox sports.

UFC has less of a reason to stay with them now. Fox only has three channels to offer them now. Whenever FS1 or FS2 was booked with Soccer, or whatever, they could always put UFC on FX or FXX or FXXX. And that's a good market, a different audience who want to watch movies and tv shows. I think Turner or NBC will get UFC. Damon Martin said Turner was interested in giving UFC their own channel.

Fighters will be trained to use the force and some shit like that.

Hmm so American monopolies are returning

Gee I wonder if that will fuck the consumer

Apparently the UFC has a new official beer sponsor too and we'll be treated to about fifty of these open borders propaganda commercials per card on FS1 no doubt.

If I’m not mistaken, the deal left out Fox News, and fox sports. Keep in mind Disney owns ESPN, they didn’t need fox sports.

They received a HULU stake, a few cable stations, and regional sports stations for ESPN branding, in addition to the studio assets. Personally, I thought it was an awful deal considering how much they spent for what is relatively shit assets in today's age and certainly tomorrow's. Fox got off great keeping their news, sports, and broadcasting which is their strongest assets.

Hmm so American monopolies are returning

Gee I wonder if that will fuck the consumer

LOL, there's been an oligopoly in Media for a long time now. Whether it's communications, film, TV, or especially the Internet. A few companies control everything, and it's not exclusive to media either. Practically every industry has oligopolies in place.

Back