In order to understand how great Prime Faber was, you have to realize how great Jens Pulver was

DS66

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jens Pulver was the original UFC lightweight champ, and he defended the belt twice including a win over all-time great BJ Penn.

Prime Faber beat Jens twice in a 6 month period, and had a dominant record of 22-2 at the time. Prime Faber won 5 WEC FW championship fights, at the weight class above his natural weight class.

All hail, Prime Faber

usa-today-9534192.0.jpg

Prime Jens was in the WEC? I thought he was shot before that point....

Yeah, no. One of the worst examples you could have given.

Pulver got KTFO by Joe Lauzon in 1 round pretty sure it happened during his prime before the Faber fight too. Beating Jens Pulver doesn't mean much. Aldo running through Faber, Mikey Brown and Cub Swanson now that's something. Then Conor KTFO him in 13 seconds so the conclusion is Conor is FW GOAT.

Jens was completely washed at that time.

He did turn the clock back to strangle the ever loving shit out of the disrespectful young Cub Swanson though. One of my favorite memories.

Jens was completely washed at that time.

He did turn the clock back to strangle the ever loving shit out of the disrespectful young Cub Swanson though. One of my favorite memories.

That was awesome, for one night only Jens Pulver came in at top form and beat an arrogant Swanson in like 20 seconds. G shit

Back