In hindsight, Khabib's domination over RDA was one of the most impressive display of skills

People forget that they mentioned that Khabib needs to face someone like RDA.
He did and dominated the fight.

And for me,beating someonne all rounds means more than a KO with a luck punch

McGregor merks Habibi...Chicken Kebab wakes up back in the USSR via a time travel spell cast from dat left hand shot.
And when do you expect this to be happen ?
Your boy is shitting his pants and will never face khabib

- it was very, very impressive

- Khabib's standup sucks

- lol at second only to prime Jones. Holy hyperbole, Batman...

And when do you expect this to be happen ?
Your boy is shitting his pants and will never face khabib
Conor would be an idiot to agree to take a fight woth a guy who has a very good chance of not showing up, and Khabib has never once yet put himself in a position to challenge for a belt against anyone at LW.

Amazing talent. Totally unreliable.

In the entire MMA history. No one has ever dominated RDA like this. Khabib MANHANDLED him throughout tree rounds. Before anyone says something about his striking, even Master Rafael Cordeiro acknowledged that they were even on the standup - destroying the myth that Khabib's standup sucks. Honestly that version of Khabib is the best fighter we have ever seen, maybe second to a prime Jon Jones

Let's not forget that Tony Ferguson dominated RDA in a similar fashion.

Tony would maul Robbie

Habibi went runnin' (from the scale)
Did I miss something ? Did your hero call him out and Khabib went running ?

The only one running here is your hero from defending.
Dont be scared homie

For me the most impressive is the fact that almost 4 years after that fight Khabib couldnt show up more than two times while Rafael is getting close to his second UFC belt.
Within 11 months after losing to Khabib, RDA fought twice as much as Khabib would for the next 3.5 years. RDA climbed the ranks, took Khabib's title spot, won the title, defended it, lost it, switched divisions and is now the number 1 contender there too. All while Khabib is still on his third fight since.

Really? He didn't even get the finish.

30-27 Tibau.

gleison-tibau_ripped.png

I dunno that was before RDA went on his run.

T-Ferg and Alvaraz both beat RDA in 2016, more impressive wins IMO.

He was on a 5 fight win streak BEFORE Khabib, that WAS "the run"...He'd have been on a 10 fight win streak if Khabib wasn't in the picture.

Khabib's missed weight twice, and pulled out of fights at least 4 times, ducking Cerrone twice. Why this guy has any fans at all is beyond me.

He makes Mr. Glass look like he's made of steel.

He never ducked Cerrone. If he ducked, he'd have never took the fights to begin with.

You wanna talk about Nate, Giblert and Alvarez ducking Khabib?

You see Khabib's biggest problems was taking every fight offered to him. Should have just cherry picked instead like the other boys right.

He was on a 5 fight win streak with a win over cowboy before the Khabib fight. You wouldn’t be saying this if he beat Khabib.

The reality sherdog doesn’t want to admit is that RDA has been a really good fighter for awhile and was actually good before the Khabib fight. He proved that in the cowboy fight.

So you don't think he improved after the Khabib loss back in 2014?

He was on a 5 fight win streak BEFORE Khabib, that WAS "the run"...He'd have been on a 10 fight win streak if Khabib wasn't in the picture.

So you're saying Khabib is GOAT and RDA hasn't improved?

Is that what your dumbass got from that post? That Khabib is "Goat" and RDA "hasn't improved".

Log off, son.
XwN1clW.gif

<mma3>
My point is that beating RDA of 4 years ago isn't the same as beating RDA of today and I disagree with the premise of the OP.

But-but-but RDA wasn't good then. He magically elevated to elite status only immediately after that fight.

So you don't think he improved after the Khabib loss back in 2014?
Never said that, but people were already saying RDA was much improved after he beat Jason High, Ben Henderson, and Nate Diaz which were less than 8 months apart from his bout with Khabib. People were also going as far as to say he would best him in a rematch when there was no indication that the fight would go any different considering he got controlled. RDA always had a good jiujitsu/top game. His striking has improved, but Khabib isn't going to be fighting him there.

TLDR; RDA has improved and is a very good fighter. Could he beat Khabib? Sure. Do I see the fight going the same way? Honestly I do, unless RDA sudddenly becomes an extremely better grappler than he was back then which if you train would know its not easy to do when you're at a certain level.

Someone who is a white belt will improve at a much faster rate than someone who is a black belt.

Back