In general how do people feel about Kickboxing on RIZIN's cards?

gfanikf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In general I'm fine with it as it mixes things up a bit. The one strike in a clinch rules keeps it from getting too "boxingy" for lack of a better term and the ones I've seen have general been enjoyable and don't feel like a drag on the overall event (you know compared to super long intermissions and really long cards anyway).

It is fine, but remember that so far kickboxing fights in Rizin have been showcase matches, matching kickboxing stars against fighters with no kickboxing experience. So obviously it is going to be entertaining.

Doesn't bother me. Kickboxing isn't a bad alternative to MMA, and they only do one or two matches per card usually. If they wanted to split between kickboxing and MMA, id probably be fine with it. I have a feeling that if Nasukawa continues winning, and if that guy KAITO's star rises, they will have full fledged kickboxing cards down the road. I'd watch. Perhaps the kickboxing tourney is Rizin testing the waters?

They are usually regional level guys but the fights deliver and the non-Tenshin ones are competitive. KAITO and Tenshin are world class young talents, maybe RENA refocuses on Shoot Boxing, Kizaemon, and they might be able to land TAIGA. Great potential for it to enhance events and maybe even lead to standalone events.

It's not something I want a lot of, but the matches have been delivering.

I think it's going to be wasting Kyoji's talent to be honest, but if it means we get to see him vs. Tenshin I guess that's cool.

Too many damn rule sets in Rizin. If they had one rule set for all the mma fights, it wouldn’t be as bad. But adding kickboxing is just yet another rule set being thrown into the mix.

It’s cool as long as they don’t piss of the local promoters

I like the kickboxing fights in Rizin. It is a cool mix with the MMA fights. I've enjoyed most of them so far.

Back