In all honesty, how often to fighters need to go to the hospital after UFC fights

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I get it that MMA is a brutal sport, and you can receive serious damage even in a winning effort, but I see so many more fighters goign to the hospital and needing medical attention compared to other sports

Its almost expected that a fighter receiving significant strikes will require a hospital visit?

It's probably mandatory, to properly assess for concussion and other injuries.

Nothing wrong with it, either. UFC should be paying for it, if they're not already, too.

Probably every time they get punched in the head or body a lot. Or when they get kicked in the great really hard.

It's mandatory after you get finished.

I can't remember what fighter said it but he said of you say anything other than I feel perfectly fine you are told to go as well.

I heard the number in Golf is higher though, higher percentage go to hospital after

Im thinking most people who get assaulted in the street are over and done in about 15 seconds

Multiply that assault by 60 and you got a 15 minute fight

It is more what you can't see and that being CONCUSSED and one of the ultimate contributors to that the fact you are severely DEHYDRATED. Nobody ever died from a cut over the eye or a blown out ACL.

Usually when you receive significant physical trauma you should see a doctor and get some tests done.

"I'm going to the bar he's going to the hospital. Who really won that fight?" Bj ufc 58

I get it that MMA is a brutal sport, and you can receive serious damage even in a winning effort, but I see so many more fighters goign to the hospital and needing medical attention compared to other sports

Its almost expected that a fighter receiving significant strikes will require a hospital visit?
well duh... they are literally engaging in combat for 15-25 minutes with another highly trained opponent. That shit hurts

? Gunna take a wild guess here

1.You've never been in a fight before

2. You don't train

3. Both

Nahh they just go to the local Walmart get their blood pressure checked, some new shoes inserts made, and to get high absorbing towels to stop the bleeding .. maybe a bag of ice too if Uncle Dana has enough money

Last edited:
Yeah TS maybe you haven't been in a fight before but sometimes even an hour after you don't feel everything. Then the adrenalin dump and you start feeling the bumps, welts, bruises and cuts. Things can be broken, fractured, you name it. The next morning can be agony. Especially in the shower.

I would say pretty often... most just to get checked out. Is Normal when you get punched in the face for a living.

It's probably mandatory, to properly assess for concussion and other injuries.

Concussions is the main issue. Even if you don't get KTFO, he may have a slight concussion, and it's better to be safe than sorry. And while a mild concussion doesn't sound terrible (we all had at least a couple of these ourselves) it's a different beast when you factor in that the fighters are already mentally and physically exhausted and possibly dehydrated.

Nahh they just go to the local Walmart get their blood pressure checked, some new shoes inserts made, and to get high absorbing towels to stop the bleeding .. maybe a bag of ice too if Uncle Dana has enough money
rofl fuck.

MMA is a much more brutal sport than the casual understands. The promotions typically go to certain lenghts to blind the public from the harsh realities of the sport. It's part of the show. Enjoy the fight but dont be bothered by the suffering of the fighters afterward.

I mean I hope most of these guys are receiving medical treatment after these fights. Hell I hope they're getting checked out before fights as well.

Back