Improve gas tank for fighting (without Jogging)

FozzyTime

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals

What exercises do you do for fitness and making yourself last the extra round for a fight?

I really struggle with running, i hate it. i really loose motivation and i find it extremely hard on my knees.

Anything i can do without going on a 5km run everyday?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Guys and Gals

What exercises do you do for fitness and making yourself last the extra round for a fight?

I really struggle with running, i hate it. i really loose motivation and i find it extremely hard on my knees.

Thanks

Mike

Rounds on the bag, high intensity, circuits etc. Running is my last choice.

cycling or ddr dancing im serious it will give you insane footwork as well

Swim.
Bag work.
More sparring/rolling
Skipping.
Burpees.
More burpees.

I just wanted to see my name in the first 4 threads.

This morning it was raining, so I did a circuit for LISS. 15 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the airdyne, and 15 minutes on the C2 rower. HR was kept between 140-150bpm. If I didn't want to run I could have skipped, biked, gone on the crosstrainer, or anything else. I used to enjoy using the stair climber at my gym, that was always good for getting a sweat on.

You can do anything as long as you keep moving.

Thanks for the reply guys,

I was always told running was a must when it comes to fighting fitness, but i can see now thats not the case.

I do KB swings weeks before I compete in BJJ, not as good as a complete routine I guess but it helps with my grip and general fitness.

cycling or ddr dancing im serious it will give you insane footwork as well
If you plan on weighing 75lbs over your weigh class, or just straight give up during a fight, then feel free to follow this advice.

Hi Guys and Gals

Thanks

Mike

More sparring, hill sprints, sandbag conditioning, prowler sled drills, burpees, swimming

Hi Guys and Gals

Thanks

Mike
Try jumping rope. Takes a couple tries to get the groove but it has a really high burn rate and as a bonus it will help with your footwork and coordination... there's a reason all top boxers are jump rope ninjas

BR-MMA-Workout.jpg

96af60af1633f7650f3c939faaf4e15f-g.jpg

The best way to train for fighting rounds is by fighting rounds. You can do some full body HIIT training for the same time frames you would fight to increase your cardio. So if you're doing 10 rounds of 2 minutes in your fights, you might consider doing that as jumping rope while increasing your rate each time. There's nothing that's going to get you as ready as actual sparring though.

Back