Impressive feats in MMA

Shogun winning the GOAT tournament in 2005 then coming back from injury to win UFC gold half a decade later

91k fight fans at Pride Shockwave Dynamite is the most impressive feat in MMA.
giphy.gif

By comparison the UFC's largest gate is MSG capacity 20k

91k fight fans at Pride Shockwave Dynamite is the most impressive feat in MMA.
giphy.gif

By comparison the UFC's largest gate is MSG capacity 20k

Imagine being alllllllllll the way up top????

How the fuqq did they see anything?

Randy Couture being a 44 years old HW champion.

Shogun winning the GOAT tournament in 2005 then coming back from injury to win UFC gold half a decade later

Sherdog has collective amnesia about just how much butthurt that comeback and defeat(should be defeats) of Machida caused to those drinking the Zuffa hype cool aid.

I can´t see how anyone can top this:

The guy who fought him was in a lose lose fight. If he won, good job, you beat a man with no limbs. If he lost, wtf, you got beat by a guy with no limbs. The fact it went to decision baffles me.

Conor KO'ing Jose in 10 seconds.

Conor winning two belts.

Korean Zombie broke two records in a row.

First one to pull off a Twister against Garcia, then tied the fastest KO against Hominick.

The guy who fought him was in a lose lose fight. If he won, good job, you beat a man with no limbs. If he lost, wtf, you got beat by a guy with no limbs. The fact it went to decision baffles me.

Under Pride rules the fight doesn't happen.

Sakuraba beating 4 Gracies without BJJ was quite an accomplishment.

Play of word here.

Majority of techniques are the exact same and almost directly translate over to BJJ with a couple extra tips and tricks.

He was a better grappler/fighter than the Gracie's but don't be naive and say he did it without jiu jitsu because it's simply not true.

Same goes for Hughes saying he beat Royce using only "old fashion wrestling" which isn't true at all.

When on the ground only JJ(or mirroring styles) beats JJ.

You are correct, didn't realize that Etihad Stadium was that big. Probably was too worried about the money I bet on Holm that night
then you should be a wealthy man by now, good for you. ;-)

Cruz convincing the mma community that he is a top ten p4p fighter and better than Uriah despite having never faced the elite fighters Uriah did whether at 135 or 145, never finishing a single elite opponent even once in his entire mma career unlike Uriah, having actually been finished by Uriah

Also convincing hisself and others that his "footwork" is elite despite it walking him into every hard shot garbrandt threw, and it still resulting him getting out stuck in total strikes by dillashaw.

A lot of marks have been worked hard by he Cruz narrative.

Lolololol

Chris Lytle losing 18 times and never being finished. Same goes for Marcus Aurelio (10).

GSP....

Ortega winning 4 consecutive fights via third-round stoppage, with at least half being comebacks.

The Ferttitas selling the company for $4B was impressive.

Conor getting a shot at Mayweather is up there.

Under Pride rules the fight doesn't happen.
I know, right.That fight would have been 5 seconds long. They had special rules for that fight. He was considered "permanently downed".

The Machida era that lasted one fight was impressive. Rogan had convinced people that Machida was the best thing since slice bread

Marquardt has 26 fights in the UFC and has never had a rematch.

Back