Im very offensive

busybroker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So my coach said i push forward too much, I go a little crazy in my mma bouts. I usually loss balance and that I must keep in mind the rounds time.

Either I quickly or I lose. My last fight some days ago I won in the first minute, but I have had some that
I've lost just as fast.

Im pretty explosive and powerful, not so much cardio.

I see ufc fights and some fighters are like that, so I dont know.

Should I slow down as sugested by my coach?

Hey guys,
So my coach said i push forward too much, I go a little crazy in my mma bouts. I usually loss balance and that I must keep in mind the rounds time.

Either I quickly or I lose. My last fight some days ago I won in the first minute, but I have had some that
I've lost just as fast.

Im pretty explosive and powerful, not so much cardio.

I see ufc fights and some fighters are like that, so I dont know.

Should I slow down as sugested by my coach?
I'm guessing you're still fairly green, a problem is making every single strike a kill or murder strike. You'll need to work on masking it behind combos and having the main strike as one, so eg. 1,2,3,kick, you may want the kick or the 3 to be the main strike, the others will be pure bullshit and tip tap type strikes.

You also need to breathe properly, you're probably gassing because you exhale on your strikes, but take nothing in. If you need work on the recovery during the break round, its in the spoilers, if you already know how to recover during the break round, feel free to skip over it.

The break round is to recover, if all you do is hyperventilate, you've wasted the min while your opponent probably has been working to recover with his breathing.

So it will seem extremely difficult, and feel like the fight itself, but you will have to work on slowing your breathing down, in turn it slows your heart rate down. So you'd take as big of breath as you can, and fill your lungs up, then slowly breathe out little bits. Maybe a tiny breath out every 2-3 seconds. Then repeat. It will feel like the hardest thing you will do, but at about the 40 second mark, you'll thank yourself you did so. Avoid hyperventilating at all costs there.
With this, you might be able to recover about maybe 60-70% of your tank.

You can practice this on your cardio sessions, say... during a HIIT session or a 5km run.

There's nothing wrong with being a heavy forward pressure type fighter, I myself am like that, but you can't be overcomitting too much to the point you fall off balance. A good starting point is to try to not have your head fall past your lead knee.

Also, if you're very dead set on a KO strike, your opponent/sparring partners will see it and can tell when danger's coming, and they'll either shell, or move out of it. As I mentioned earlier, learn and work on masking it behind other strikes to set it up.

Back