I'm thinking about a vacation in Europe next year. Where to go?

Amsterdam is by far the friendliest city in Europe, people there are cool, easy-going, chatty, approachable - maybe a factor if you are travelling on your own. There's also lots to see, interesting architecture, history, art, beautiful parks and the city itself is supremely pretty with all the canals everywhere. Very unique. Unfortunately accommodation is quite pricey.
Madrid is a cool, inexpensive city that is well worth a visit, from there can drive south through the Sierra Nevada mountain range into Andalucia; Toledo, Granada, Malaga, and drive along the Mediterainian ocean and enjoy the beautiful beaches, then up through Ronda, Sevilla, Corduba an back into Madrid. Barcelona is lovely, very boheme, but also supertouristy and crowded.
Italy is beautiful, the food is so good everywhere, train service is super and it's an inexpensive and pleasant way to get around that lets you enjoy the Italian landscape. Problem with Italy is it super touristy already from May.
London is an amazing city, so much to see, but very hectic, people are stressed out so the vibe of London is not entirely pleasant anymore. Also VERY expensive and there's a queue for everything.
Dublin is very charming, great people, music everywhere, fairly inexpensive.
The most beautiful cities in Europe (imo) are Prague, Budapest and Vienna. But the people there are meh.

I think Amsterdam has the most to offer, overall.

Amsterdam is by far the friendliest city in Europe, people there are cool, easy-going, chatty, approachable - maybe a factor if you are travelling on your own. There's also lots to see, interesting architecture, history, art, beautiful parks and the city itself is supremely pretty with all the canals everywhere. Very unique. Unfortunately accommodation is quite pricey.
Madrid is a cool, inexpensive city that is well worth a visit, from there can drive south through the Sierra Nevada mountain range into Andalucia; Toledo, Granada, Malaga, and drive along the Mediterainian ocean and enjoy the beautiful beaches, then up through Ronda, Sevilla, Corduba an back into Madrid. Barcelona is lovely, very boheme, but also supertouristy and crowded.
Italy is beautiful, the food is so good everywhere, train service is super and it's an inexpensive and pleasant way to get around that lets you enjoy the Italian landscape. Problem with Italy is it super touristy already from May.
London is an amazing city, so much to see, but very hectic, people are stressed out so the vibe of London is not entirely pleasant anymore. Also VERY expensive and there's a queue for everything.
The most beautiful cities in Europe (imo) are Prague, Budapest and Vienna. But the people there are meh.

Nice to see someone have a post that isn't trashing every city or country. Very rare on Sherdog

So Italy, Switzerland, Amsterdam, and Madrid are looking like the top choices right now.

Thanks for the post buddah

Nice to see someone have a post that isn't trashing every city or country. Very rare on Sherdog

So Italy, Switzerland, Amsterdam, and Madrid are looking like the top choices right now.

Thanks for the post buddah

You can't really go wrong with any of those places - top countries for beauty, culture, art, friendliness etc.

If you want cheap sex the action is in Greece and Ibiza.

I do fancy checking out the Reaperbahn if I visit Germany though!!

Ibiza is a clusterfuck my friend told me.

Drunk foreigners dragging even drunker 18 old british girls in to bed.

(He said i should have seen that shit thats going on there lol)

Oh man if I had money and time I'd do Europe instead of SEA. I would love to hit all the Mediterranean countries. Spain especially. I heard Croatia is beautiful. I have a Romanian friend who tells me I would be considered exotic in Romania and the women would love me. I would only visit Germany and France because I have friends there.

I bet Ukraine would be a good option if you want to travel for cheap.

Bruh, I just looked up prices for one of the smaller countries in Greece and it was hella cheap. Probably the cheapest out of all the other travel prices. Might have to put Greece at the top of the list lol

Ibiza is a clusterfuck my friend told me.

Drunk foreigners dragging even drunker 18 old british girls in to bed.

(He said i should have seen that shit thats going on there lol)

Ibiza is expensive as hell. I'd have enough for a 7 day trip in a few more months doe

I've been to most countries in Europe, but I mean, they're vastly different.

The best looking/friendliest women I've encountered were probably in Estonia. Plus, it's pretty cheap and a lot of fun.

Italy is great, you should definitely go. The food is amazing, there's a lot of history, cool architecture, and the parties are pretty fun too. Greece is also awesome, as is Spain and Holland. Poland is a blast, so is Hungary and the Ukraine. Slovenia is really cool, beautiful, and there's a lot of outdoor stuff to do.

It really depends on what you want though. Also, how much time do you have?

I would personally go to Germany, Italy and Spain. I get free stay in Germany, I love Italian food and the Italian coast looks beautiful, and I would love to visit Barcelona, it looks beautiful as well.

Keep us updated sherbro.

Pretty fair description of London and Dublin and very good recommendations overall, although I didnt feel that London was much more expensive.

One country, Ireland or Italy. (I've been to 16 fyi)

But why would you go to Europe and only see one.
Flights to other countries are like $100.

Finland is a fantastic country. Here's proof of that.

View attachment 487399

Helsinki is boring as hell.

I asked some locals what I should go and do.
Responses.
Get drunk
Go to a strip show
We have some nice churches.

Highlight of Helsinki was what was probably the world's shortest escalator. (2 steps high).

But if you are interested in tall men wearing socks and sandals you are in for a treat.

I went to Spain last year. Loved it. But barely met anyone that spoke English. I wouldn't recommend going alone.

Edinburgh is a good pick.

I'd go to Italy if I were you. Although there lots of Roman ruins in Spain too, if that's your thing.

One country, Ireland or Italy. (I've been to 16 fyi)

But why would you go to Europe and only see one.
Flights to other countries are like $100.

Or trains.. I went from Czech Republic to Hungary by train. Prague->Wien->Bratislava->Budapest. Amazing trip, although Bratislava was quite boring. Didn't cost me much. So little money spent that i didn't even bother to keep track of it.

I keep hearing that England and France are shitholes now. Those were like the two main countries I wanted to visit growing up. Damn. What happened?

I don't know about Eastern Europe being a lone traveling black man. Heard some good and bad things about that part of the continent. But I guess you could say that for anywhere.

They aren't really shitholes, people just talk a lot of bollocks based on stuff they hear in the news.

Back