I'm thinking about a vacation in Europe next year. Where to go?

Brother Numsi

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
My top 3 countries to visit are 1. Italy, 2. France, or 3. England. I've been wanting to go to Italy since I played Assassin's Creed 2 and I've always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower up close. England was my top choice growing up as a youngster.

Obviously, I've never been anywhere in Europe but I have done my own little research of where I'd like to go if I ever get over there. So If I only visit one country in Europe for the first time, what would be any of your top suggestions for a guy who will most likely be traveling by himself on a new continent?

Best food?
Best attractions?
Best women?

Y'all know the game

Don't bother with England. Unless you have a specific reasons why.

I wouldn't bother with France or Germany until things have settled down on the terrorism front.

Look at what happened in Strasbourg the other day.

Definitely go to Italy. I would if I could.

The food, attractions and women there are all quality from the videos/pics I've seen and the stories I've read.

Having been to all three, the one I’d personally most like to go back to & explore more of, is Italy.

To answer your specifics:

For food: Italy.
For attractions: France.
For women: England (no language barrier).

Best women? Poland
Best food? Italy
Best attractions? Undecided

My top 3 countries to visit are 1. Italy, 2. France, or 3. England. I've been wanting to go to Italy since I played Assassin's Creed 2 and I've always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower up close. England was my top choice growing up as a youngster.

Obviously, I've never been anywhere in Europe but I have done my own little research of where I'd like to go if I ever get over there. So If I only visit one country in Europe for the first time, what would be any of your top suggestions for a guy who will most likely be traveling by himself on a new continent?

Best food?
Best attractions?
Best women?

Y'all know the game

your question is WAY too broad to be able to give a helpful answer. what are your interests? do you prefer warmer or colder climates? what kinds of landscapes do you enjoy? what kind of interests do you have. europe is a pretty diverse place. you gotta be more specific.

for anyone going for the first time, i think it's obvious to check out the major cities. i'm not big into museums and the like, but i think it's a must that you check out the major museums in the major cities. where you go depends on the time of year as well. norway in december may not be a good idea, as an example.

I’d suggest Amsterdam-Brussels-Paris as a first trip. You’ll get to see a few different cities with different cultures, take the train from one destination to another, and most of the way people will speak English.

Having been to all three, the one I’d personally most like to go back to & explore more of, is Italy.

To answer your specifics:

For food: Italy.
For attractions: France.
For women: England (no language barrier).

I agree with the whole language barrier thing with England but then again, I can play the mysterious American to women with very little to no English

I'd recommend Slovenia, Montenegro, Croatia, and then Albania. In that order.

Entire countries as well is pretty broad, I mean Italy could be Venice, Rome, The Amalfi Coast, Tuscany, the Dolomites, etc that are all very different.

I wouldn't recommend a whistle stop tour kind of visit either as I think that defeats a lot of the attraction of visiting in the first place.

your question is WAY too broad to be able to give a helpful answer. what are your interests? do you prefer warmer or colder climates? what kinds of landscapes do you enjoy? what kind of interests do you have. europe is a pretty diverse place. you gotta be more specific.

for anyone going for the first time, i think it's obvious to check out the major cities. i'm not big into museums and the like, but i think it's a must that you check out the major museums in the major cities. where you go depends on the time of year as well. norway in december may not be a good idea, as an example.

Well. I'd probably go in April or May right before tourist season kicks in and it's crowded everywhere. Definitely a warmer climate but it doesn't have to be super hot. As far as landscapes go, France or Italy would be my top choices. And yes, I plan on visiting a major city (Rome, Paris, London, Barcelona)

Go to italy or eastern europe

,england and france are shitholes(hello to all the english and french on this forum lol)

I’d suggest Amsterdam-Brussels-Paris as a first trip. You’ll get to see a few different cities with different cultures, take the train from one destination to another, and most of the way people will speak English.

That sounds pretty amazing. I'll definitely look into that if and when I plan my trip

I have found a YouTube Chanel called wolters world really helpful. Put in any country near enough and he has loads of help on each.

Go to italy or eastern europe

,england and france are shitholes(hello to all the english and french on this forum lol)

I keep hearing that England and France are shitholes now. Those were like the two main countries I wanted to visit growing up. Damn. What happened?

I don't know about Eastern Europe being a lone traveling black man. Heard some good and bad things about that part of the continent. But I guess you could say that for anywhere.

Well. I'd probably go in April or May right before tourist season kicks in and it's crowded everywhere. Definitely a warmer climate but it doesn't have to be super hot. As far as landscapes go, France or Italy would be my top choices. And yes, I plan on visiting a major city (Rome, Paris, London, Barcelona)

the first time i went to europe was in late-may, and it was perfect weather. it was so nice in-fact, that it was sunny for an entire week straight in london! i shit you not lol.

personally, i'd recommend hitting up northern spain like barcelona or san sebastian, or southern france like around nice, or the tuscan coast in italy. like you said, you'll be beating the crowds, and the weather should be pretty good at that point.

if i were you, i'd stick to one region of europe. going back and forth across the continent is time-consuming and costly. major cities like madrid and rome would be good.

the first time i went to europe was in late-may, and it was perfect weather. it was so nice in-fact, that it was sunny for an entire week straight in london! i shit you not lol.

personally, i'd recommend hitting up northern spain like barcelona or san sebastian, or southern france like around nice, or the tuscan coast in italy. like you said, you'll be beating the crowds, and the weather should be pretty good at that point.

if i were you, i'd stick to one region of europe. going back and forth across the continent is time-consuming and costly. major cities like madrid and rome would be good.

I guess I'll throw Barcelona into the mix since it keeps getting mentioned. That's usually a good sign

And yeah, I don't plan on going all across Europe my first time out and by myself. Now, if I was going to be there for 3 weeks, I'd probably visit several major cities and I am not a rich man

I keep hearing that England and France are shitholes now. Those were like the two main countries I wanted to visit growing up. Damn. What happened?

I don't know about Eastern Europe being a lone traveling black man. Heard some good and bad things about that part of the continent. But I guess you could say that for anywhere.
Watch this video.

I would recommend Scotland out of anywhere in the UK. Edinburgh castle looks awesome.

Can't go wrong w/ Prague or Budapest IMO

or if you want to get a lil sunny, perhaps the Balearic or Canary Islands

Back