I'm scared $#itless. Please provide your support.

We're expecting the second one.
Another boy.
The big one is 1 year and 10 months.
He's the most amazing human being on Earth, it's undisputed, I'm totally objective, that's scientifically proven fact.

1. I do a lot of hours at work. How will I be able to spend my fucking time on a family that got even bigger? It wasn't like that with the first one, he got much more attention from me since day 0 and his first word was "dad" (on my language).
2. How the fuck will I be able to love the second son as I do the first? How is it even possible?

/rant.

Please advise.
Best regards,
Congratulations man!

yBSi2ET_d.jpg

You already have one.. What's there to be scared about?

I hear a healthy white baby fetches a nice price on the black market these days...
raising-arizona-1987-30000dollars.jpg

I got a 3 year old and a 3 month old. 2 boys. My wife notices I give more attention to the oldest. Even her sister noticed when she visited for 3 weeks. I didn't even notice it myself. So I'm trying to make a more concious effort to split my time accordingly. It's been rough though because my oldest has certain needs that require constant 24/7 monitoring you could say. Sleep has been minimal even before the 2nd was born. I barely took parentaral leave, while my wife has been on maternity leave for the past 3 months. We have no family around so it's just us. We have a cousin 1.5 hours away, but she has a 18 month old boy and another boy due in October! Both of them work too with no family close by.

How far along is your wife? If you have close friends and family that can help and do wonders. Also you say you work a lot, but how about your wife? Stay at home mom or working too? If stay at home mom and financially you are doing well, why not hire a part-time maid, nanny or use some type of drop-in daycare. This can allow your wife to have more down time, get more stuff done around the house and you all can have more quality time together. I think the begining can be rough, but once they get a little older (youngest is around 3), I think it will get much easier and much more fun. Good luck bro!

Have zero kids, crisis averted + better off for world.

I have two kids. The second one grows on you eventually . Esp since I ended up spending tons of time with my oldest while the wife took care of the baby.

We're expecting the second one.
Another boy.
The big one is 1 year and 10 months.
He's the most amazing human being on Earth, it's undisputed, I'm totally objective, that's scientifically proven fact.

1. I do a lot of hours at work. How will I be able to spend my fucking time on a family that got even bigger? It wasn't like that with the first one, he got much more attention from me since day 0 and his first word was "dad" (on my language).
2. How the fuck will I be able to love the second son as I do the first? How is it even possible?

/rant.

Please advise.
Best regards,
Start drinking, heavily. Also, buy a bus ticket, just in case.

But seriously, I have twins, that shit is difficult. I understand why parents go out for smokes and never return.

Lottery, my man. It's the sure thing that'll get you out.

Same here bro!

I went from 0 to 3 kids in 3 years.

Are yours identical?

Nope, boy and a girl thankfully or I would of had no testosterone in the house but me.

I'm not sure we're going to make another one in a close future.

The probability of twins is too damn high!

Once I figured out the probability of further multiples for us, I went straight to the doc and got snipped.

I got a 3 year old and a 3 month old. 2 boys. My wife notices I give more attention to the oldest. Even her sister noticed when she visited for 3 weeks. I didn't even notice it myself. So I'm trying to make a more concious effort to split my time accordingly. It's been rough though because my oldest has certain needs that require constant 24/7 monitoring you could say. Sleep has been minimal even before the 2nd was born. I barely took parentaral leave, while my wife has been on maternity leave for the past 3 months. We have no family around so it's just us. We have a cousin 1.5 hours away, but she has a 18 month old boy and another boy due in October! Both of them work too with no family close by.

How far along is your wife? If you have close friends and family that can help and do wonders. Also you say you work a lot, but how about your wife? Stay at home mom or working too? If stay at home mom and financially you are doing well, why not hire a part-time maid, nanny or use some type of drop-in daycare. This can allow your wife to have more down time, get more stuff done around the house and you all can have more quality time together. I think the begining can be rough, but once they get a little older (youngest is around 3), I think it will get much easier and much more fun. Good luck bro!

It's not about time man, we get help and after my wife finishes 6 months maternity leave (yeah, just that!) we'll have a cool , very professional nanny. I already took care of this. We also get help from wife's folks in baby sitting.
We'll do fine financially and time-wise. I'm just afraid of my work hours not because we'll get exhausted, but because I want to see both of my babies as much as I can so they won't feel like I abandon them...:(

And what are you doing regarding the attention to the oldest? How do you try to fix that?

real men make men..

got 3 year old and 2 month old.. both boys.. shit is gonna be bananas in a few years..

I have two kids. The second one grows on you eventually . Esp since I ended up spending tons of time with my oldest while the wife took care of the baby.

And do you feel that your love is...proportional?

Once I figured out the probability of further multiples for us, I went straight to the doc and got snipped.

You know what? I believe that maybe in 10 years for now, when kids will be much much bigger , we might do another shot.
I mean why not?

Back