Im rewatching The Wire.

RockstarChris

Dwight Belt
Banned
Reaction score
I just finished Sopranos and now am rewatching The Wire. Was that the golden age of TV? Whenever someone yells "Omar comin" I resist the urge to run and hide.

I know they remastered it for HD but I never got around to rewatching them. That show was part of the start of the golden age of TV though I think TV is better now than it was 10 years ago(if we are including the internet)

I know they remastered it for HD but I never got around to rewatching them. That show was part of the start of the golden age of TV though I think TV is better now than it was 10 years ago(if we are including the internet)

the only show i can even imagine was as good is breaking bad.

I'm rewatching BB and it doesn't start off nearly as "slow" as I and others have claimed.

The Wire, The Sopranos and The Shield.

The best 3 tv shows ever IMO.

Hard to order them.

The Wire is the greatest show ever. I'm currently trying to watch the show about fat guidos eating canolies in track suits for the first time ever and I'm having a hard time staying awake for an episode. It's really corny and dated. Not sure how people try to compare it to the wire.

The Wire, The Sopranos and The Shield.

The best 3 tv shows ever IMO.

Hard to order them.
The Shield was epic... I've never been so emotionally involved in a series - the last couple of seasons made me depressed for a month!

The Wire is the greatest show ever. I'm currently trying to watch the show about fat guidos eating canolies in track suits for the first time ever and I'm having a hard time staying awake for an episode. It's really corny and dated. Not sure how people try to compare it to the wire.

Im on season 2 now. My favorite season with the Union Boss dock worker.

I'm rewatching BB and it doesn't start off nearly as "slow" as I and others have claimed.
I'll be starting that one over soon too, maybe it's because you know what's coming? I remember having a hard time getting that one going at first.

Most of these actors and actresses went on to be in other great shows. Shit half of the wire is in The Walking Dead and Goggins was starring in Justified which is my favorite show of all time.

I'll be starting that one over soon too, maybe it's because you know what's coming? I remember having a hard time getting that one going at first.

Breaking Bad is the perfect mix of comedy and serious shit

lmfao @ the shield and the wire being the two greatest tv shows ever. Completely saturated genre with 100's of copy cats. The Wire is the most overrated show in the history of TV.

GoT, BB, Sopranos, Westworld

Everything else.

lmfao @ the shield and the wire being the two greatest tv shows ever. Completely saturated genre with 100's of copy cats. The Wire is the most overrated show in the history of TV.

GoT, BB, Sopranos, Westworld

Everything else.

whats your top 5 shows of all time?

I started The Sopranos last week too. I saw some of it before but never made it all the way through.

It definitely has some alright moments but you're right that it doesn't even come close to The Wire.

Other shows that were much better than The Sopranos

Game Of Thrones
Rome
Breaking Bad
Homeland
Shameless
Sleeper Cell
Entourage

Mad Men is probably the most boring show in the history of shows. Nothing ever happens in that show. Just some identity thief getting drunk and cheating on his wife because his depressed that his mom was a hooker.

It was on amc the other day and we caught it on episode 2 of season 1. My gf said "wtf he's already caught up in this life, who is that? Who is that? "

It definitely doesn't start slow haha

Im on season 2 now. My favorite season with the Union Boss dock worker.

Season 2 is your favorite season?

That's universally regarded as the weakest season of The Wire.

But TBF that season is still better than most season of other shows.

Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire might be the greatest single season of a TV show. To bad Terence Winter was an idiot and rushed the ending so he could make one season of Vinyl lol

Back