I'm releasing another game

Thade2k

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm releasing my second PC game. If there are other indie developers on Sherdog I'd love to hear from ya.

Here's the game:

Cheers

Good stuff, TS. I'm getting into the indie dev world myself (doing the story / narrative design of an upcoming game).

Will be sure to check out Riverhill Trials.

I'm digging the aesthetic, looks awesome. Not really my type of game but best of luck man. Looks like a lot of hard work went into it.

LOL, get a real job.

Music is a *bit* dramatic for the visuals. Looks good though!

Thank you, guys! I really appreciate it :d

Great looking visual style. FPP is not my genre of choice though. Nothing against your particular game though just never got along with first person platforming. Wish you success!

Great looking visual style. FPP is not my genre of choice though. Nothing against your particular game though just never got along with first person platforming. Wish you success!
Thank you so much!

Hey guys, I'm releasing my second PC game. If there are other indie developers on Sherdog I'd love to hear from ya.

Here's the game:

Cheers

Looks pretty cool. How many sales do you usually get?

I got into making games as a hobby you can find them here:
https://apollo.itch.io

I suck at platformers but the trailer looks great. How long did development take?

Here's the game:

Cheers

Hey hey,

I'm an indie Dev (part time, sensible Dev by day (C#, Nodejs) ).

Made Face Puncher on the Google Play store, features a handful of sherdog user names as character names. Physics based 1v1 fighter. Been reasonably successful.

Have made a bunch of other little games too, but turning my attention toward steam and PC deployment heading forward. May be interested in having a chat if you've been through the greenlight process?

Looks pretty cool. How many sales do you usually get?

I got into making games as a hobby you can find them here:
https://apollo.itch.io
This is my second game, last one sold 8000 units and it was 2$ (mostly sold at sales 0.50$)
This one if I get to sell 8k, that's around 50k $, well, hope to do that :))

I suck at platformers but the trailer looks great. How long did development take?
6 months or so, maybe more, but most of the work has been done since December (4 hours a day in the week days and 8 to 12 in weekends)

Hey hey,

I'm an indie Dev (part time, sensible Dev by day (C#, Nodejs) ).

Made Face Puncher on the Google Play store, features a handful of sherdog user names as character names. Physics based 1v1 fighter. Been reasonably successful.

Have made a bunch of other little games too, but turning my attention toward steam and PC deployment heading forward. May be interested in having a chat if you've been through the greenlight process?
Hey man, Face Puncher looks it had success, that's great, good job!

There's no longer a Greenlight on Steam, you just make a Steamworks account and pay 100$ and that's that. What I did was:

Made a website
Facebook account
Twitter
IndieDB account
Shared a lot of screenshots #screenshotsaturday on Indie Game Developers and Indie Promo (check on Facebook)

Apparently it worked pretty well during presales with my zero budget marketing, we'll see how it goes in a few days after launch. Fingers crossed.

Congrats on the release! What engine did you use? Unity? Unreal? Or even perhaps your own?

Hey man, Face Puncher looks it had success, that's great, good job!

There's no longer a Greenlight on Steam, you just make a Steamworks account and pay 100$ and that's that. What I did was:

Made a website
Facebook account
Twitter
IndieDB account
Shared a lot of screenshots #screenshotsaturday on Indie Game Developers and Indie Promo (check on Facebook)

Apparently it worked pretty well during presales with my zero budget marketing, we'll see how it goes in a few days after launch. Fingers crossed.

Cheers. I had another game that was a lot more successful but isn't half as good imo.

Either way, haven't got a game out yet that really shows what I can do, it's all been part time projects while still working full time. Keen to put 6-12 months full time toward a more serious game.

Do you have a day job also?

Back