I'm not sure GSP should really get credit as a 2 division champion

I was entertained watching Eddie's brawler style in bellator as much as the next guy but...

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

The only thing laughable here is you trying to pretend Eddie isn’t an all time great LW just because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

He beats Anderson, KOs Rockhold to win the title and DEFENDS against Hendo.

GSP comes in a FINISHES Bisping. Something people always shit on GSP for...NOT finishing his opponents.

Am I missing something. He is the rightful MW champ...and 2 division UFC champion.

Suck it, ya douche canoe.

Last edited:
The only thing laughable here is you trying to pretend Eddie isn’t an all time great LW just because it doesn’t fit your narrative.
quite a common thing In this world unfortunately.

Everyone wants to validate their confirmation biases, not many seek objective truth.

Fucking Christ. He was an excellent WW champion, and after a four year lay off, he went up a weight class and beat the MW champion.

How simple is that?

He beats Anderson, KOs Rockhold to win the title and DEFENDS against Hendo.

GSP comes in a FINISHES Bisping. Something people always shit in GSP for...NOT finishing his opponents.

Am I missing something. He is the rightful MW champ...and 2 division UFC champion.

Suck it, ya douche canoe.
He looked good, beating bisping like that was still a solid win..but I always considered Yoel vs Whittaker to be the real MW title fight.

I'm not really giving him that much shit, I think he looked as good as he could possibly look coming back after 4 years. He's a smart dude and he's surrounded by bright people, he took the fight that made the most sense for this stage of his career and won It. Deserves all the credit In the world.

That said, In the grand scheme I don't think beating a 38 year old bisping means as much as some diehard GSP fans give It credit for.

I and many others obviously believe Bisping was the equivalent of Matt serra In terms of his legitimacy as a champion, It's only natural to question where GSP stands relative to Whittaker In his win over Yoel.

It's fair to say that Whittaker Is the true champ

All titles Ruiz won were vacant...I don’t believe he was ever undisputed either.

Undisputed comes from lineage. You just can’t put a toy belt on somebody(Whitaker) and say there is a dispute.
It´s called 'politics' in boxing, and now in MMA.

He announced he doesn't want to come back to MW today.

He will never be considered a 2 division champ in my eyes.....Whitaker was the champ the second he beat Jacare and Romero......

Calling GSP a 2 division champ cheapens the accomplishment.....

Bisping sat on the belt for 518 days (17 months) without ever defending against a top MW. Thats enough time for 4 of 5 fights. Meanwhile, Whitaker beat Jacare and Romero. Whitakers belt is the real one.

All titles Ruiz won were vacant...I don’t believe he was ever undisputed either.

Undisputed comes from lineage. You just can’t put a toy belt on somebody(Whitaker) and say there is a dispute.
btw, it´s false, Ruiz vs Holyfield 2 was not vacant.

He should be considered a champ, but the weakest two division champ ever no doubt.

Nothing against him, but he beat a past prime bisping. Who wasn't even a top 5 fighter. On some level we have to take off the rose coloured glasses and see that win for what It was.

It was a good win and a good performance having been off for 4 years but It certainly shouldn't have been a championship fight.

We all know Bisping was the equivalent of Matt serra when It comes to credibility as a champion.

That said, no hate on him for not staying at middleweight. No reason for him to fight the killers of that divisionn at this stage of his career,

If we're going to count Conor (and Penn, for that matter), I don't know how you could possibly justify not counting GSP.

I'm not sure Francis really beat Overeem. I know he knocked him out but it's like, overeem isn't even like, you know?

Absolutely. And also, Forrest Griffin never beat Shogun. If you watch the fight again, you'll hear Rogan slip up and say "Ninja" several times instead of Shogun, because it was actually Ninja Rua fighting that day and not Shogun.

And Matt Hughes is also undefeated, everyone knows he has an identical twin who takes fights for him every so often.

So you're saying it doesn't count if you beat someone for the title that some think is not good?

Bisping knocked Rocksalt the fuck out and became champion. Get over it

He looked good, beating bisping like that was still a solid win..but I always considered Yoel vs Whittaker to be the real MW title fight.

I'm not really giving him that much shit, I think he looked as good as he could possibly look coming back after 4 years. He's a smart dude and he's surrounded by bright people, he took the fight that made the most sense for this stage of his career and won It. Deserves all the credit In the world.

That said, In the grand scheme I don't think beating a 38 year old bisping means as much as some diehard GSP fans give It credit for.

I and many others obviously believe Bisping was the equivalent of Matt serra In terms of his legitimacy as a champion, It's only natural to question where GSP stands relative to Whittaker In his win over Yoel.

It's fair to say that Whittaker Is the true champ

To be the true champ you have to beat the true champ. Am I right?

Whittaker has yet to do that. So in the meantime he can be other “other” MW champ. No longer interim though....the title Dana creates and gets a hard on for.

He announced he doesn't want to come back to MW today.

He will never be considered a 2 division champ in my eyes.....Whitaker was the champ the second he beat Jacare and Romero......

Calling GSP a 2 division champ cheapens the accomplishment.....

Bisping sat on the belt for 518 days (17 months) without ever defending against a top MW. Thats enough time for 4 of 5 fights. Meanwhile, Whitaker beat Jacare and Romero. Whitakers belt is the real one.

I'm sure GSP is losing sleep over your thoughts on the matter.

Nothing against him, but he beat a past prime bisping. Who wasn't even a top 5 fighter. On some level we have to take off the rose coloured glasses and see that win for what It was.

It was a good win and a good performance having been off for 4 years but It certainly shouldn't have been a championship fight.

We all know Bisping was the equivalent of Matt serra when It comes to credibility as a champion.

That said, no hate on him for not staying at middleweight. No reason for him to fight the killers of that divisionn at this stage of his career,

Past prime Bisping? He was on the best winning streak of his career and by far. Go to bed.

Back