I'm not saying Mcgregor is gonna win...

Rayess

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
But an important point is: even if Mayweather fought the best boxers in the world, they all went in thinking they cannot win. Conor is that crazy, that he honestly believe he's gonna KO Floyd.

That's exactly the mindset that KO Aldo for the VERY first time of his career. Before Max, I think Conor was the only Aldo's opponent that truly believes he could KO him easily.

Once again, we cannot really compare Aldo with Floyd, and I'm not saying Conor is gonna win, but Floyd used to fight 100% pro boxers that thought like boxers, and that went in with the mindset "Floyd is the best of the best", while Conor is just a fighter, going in like "I'm gonna KO this guy".
I guess we will see August 26th, but it's gonna be interesting to watch.

Conor isnt stupid

Deep down he knows he cant win

Maybe he believes it a little bit

All belief will be extinguished after the first round once he hits nothing but air gloves and arms and has his head pinged by jabs and straight rights

Conor isnt stupid

Deep down he knows he cant win

Maybe he believes it a little bit

All belief will be extinguished after the first round once he hits nothing but air gloves and arms and has his head pinged by jabs and straight rights

I agree, I can't see how he can do anything against Floyd.
But... I said the exact same thing for the Aldo fight, I said the exact same thing as your last sentence about Cody/Dom (having a crazy elusive/experienced fighter against a newcomer that completely schooled him...). And both Conor and Cody truly believed they were going to demolish their opponent.

But yes.... Aldo and Cruz are not fucking Floyd.

Every fighter goes in their with the belief that they are gonna win.
This is probably one of the few times a fighter knew he had no chance, i.e McGregor.

But an important point is: even if Mayweather fought the best boxers in the world, they all went in thinking they cannot win. Conor is that crazy, that he honestly believe he's gonna KO Floyd.

That's exactly the mindset that KO Aldo for the VERY first time of his career. Before Max, I think Conor was the only Aldo's opponent that truly believes he could KO him easily.

Once again, we cannot really compare Aldo with Floyd, and I'm not saying Conor is gonna win, but Floyd used to fight 100% pro boxers that thought like boxers, and that went in with the mindset "Floyd is the best of the best", while Conor is just a fighter, going in like "I'm gonna KO this guy".

I agree Conor's approach will be based on his confidence and is probably his greatest asset but to say everyone who fought Floyd in the past thought they couldn't win is just stupid, in fact it's borderline retarded.

Conor won.

The Ref saved Mayweather in the 9th.

Back