I'm not paying for Fedor/Mitrione on PPV

TS and I have had our disagreements but he is right. Garbage ass matchmaking by Bellator.

Fedor vs Rampage, Kongo, Wand, Lashley, Kharitonov or King Mo would all be more exciting than Mitrione. Rampage, King Mo and Kongo are all ranked higher than Mitrione as well. Lashley would just be a big PPV fight because the audience they bring in and Kharitonov would be a classic match people always wanted to see.

Why does Bellator keep saying they are going to do a HW title fight or hint at a HW tournament and then never do anything but make crappy match ups?!

Wut

Mitrione is a better fight than all of above.

Wut

Mitrione is a better fight than all of above.

Better how? Not better in rank as Rampage, Kongo and King Mo are all ranked higher than Mitrione at HW. Not better in name as Rampage, Kongo, Wand, Lashley and King Mo are all bigger names. There is no way Mitrione is better in any category.

TS and I have had our disagreements but he is right. Garbage ass matchmaking by Bellator.

Exactly, you said it. Fedor has what? 2-3 fights left? Are we really going to waste one of them on Mitrione? If Fedor beats him, he beat Mitrione..so did Brendan Schaub, in the first round. It's a meaningless win. It doesn't help Fedor's resume any. If he loses to him, he lost to Mitrione. His career is done.

Fedor should be fighting some big name legends to finish up his career. And it just so happens that Bellator has some big name legends who are also ranked higher than Mitrione. It's a win-win. The people who want Fedor fighting higher ranked guys get it. The people wanting him fighting legends get it.

Better how? Not better in rank as Rampage, Kongo and King Mo are all ranked higher than Mitrione at HW. Not better in name as Rampage, Kongo, Wand, Lashley and King Mo are all bigger names. There is no way Mitrione is better in any category.

Um fighting ability?

To date, how man Bellator PPVs have occurred and which ones? Rampage vs Mo 1?

How is Rampage ranked higher than Matt at HW? His best win there is over Ishii, a guy who isn't anywhere near the top 30 at HW and Rampage even struggled in that fight, with many thinking that he lost that.

He is a bigger name than Mitrione, but he certainly shouldn't be ranked higher than him at HW, considering that he doesn't have a decent win there and looked like dog shit.

Exactly, you said it. Fedor has what? 2-3 fights left? Are we really going to waste one of them on Mitrione? If Fedor beats him, he beat Mitrione..so did Brendan Schaub, in the first round. It's a meaningless win. It doesn't help Fedor's resume any. If he loses to him, he lost to Mitrione. His career is done.

Fedor should be fighting some big name legends to finish up his career. And it just so happens that Bellator has some big name legends who are also ranked higher than Mitrione. It's a win-win. The people who want Fedor fighting higher ranked guys get it. The people wanting him fighting legends get it.
Only a win over Kongo and Mo would be worth "something", considering that Rampage looked awful in his last fight and is obese now, that Chael is 1-4 in his last five and just got beat by Tito, who recently retired, so no dice there unless he wants to come back out of retirement again, and that Wand hasn't fought in like half a decade and looked in terrible shape a while back.

At least Mitrione has been active, winning and looking decent in doing so. The fight isn't bad, maybe not PPV worthy, but they aren't selling you the card for that fight alone, or for Chael/Wanderlei for that matter. They're also putting a really nice fight in Lima vs Larkin in there, and Chandler vs Primus, which might not be that good considering that Brent has been out for a while and isn't known, but at least it isn't a rematch.

I understand why you won't buy the PPV, but please stop acting like Fedor fighting Rampage, Chael, Tito or Wand would be better than Fedor fighting Mitrione. Name wise, yes, but skill wise, no.

I want to see what the rest of the card looks like first and then I'll see if its worth it or not. Remember Bellator PPV's are nowhere near as expensive as UFC PPV's which are $60. The last time Bellator did a PPV it was much cheaper

I would pay for silva and fedor last ppv

This card is stacked. Im going to pay with my hard earned cash to watch this PPV in HD.

I asked Kongo and he wants the title fight vs Fedor and agreed that the Mitrione fight sucks and Mitrione had his chance. Plus Kongo beat Mitrione already.

I agree with you that Fedor should face older legends from his time at this point but just to play devils advocate and I actually do believe this is a factor.. What if Fedors camp asked for Matt specifically/picked him from the options layed out, I think they see something stylistically with Matt personally.

I agree with you that Fedor should face older legends from his time at this point but just to play devils advocate and I actually do believe this is a factor.. What if Fedors camp asked for Matt specifically/picked him from the options layed out, I think they see something stylistically with Matt personally.

Fedor himself said that he is facing Mitrione because it's who Coker told him that is who he is fighting.

That said, I think this is a very winnable fight for Fedor if he still has a chin and fights smart/trains hard (a big IF). Mitrione is 1-dimensional and has been tagged a lot in his last two fights. The thing is, even if Fedor comes out and KO's Mitrione in 1 minute, it's still just Mitrione, a guy who has lost to most of the names he has faced. Fedor only has 2-3 fights left (including this one). I want him in fights that are memorable, against legends.

It's Fedor vs a top 15 HW, and plus Chael/Wandy is on the card. Those two fights alone are worth a purchase imo.
According to last rankings he was not top 15 bud, mitrione was #22 on fightmatrix but on sherdog he wasn't top 10 or hon mention which I believe they go 5 deep on hon mention so there would be too 15..he was not listed. It's Fedor fighting #22 HW.

I love when TS makes a thread, realizes how dumb it is, and half the posts are from them trying to defend the awful point they were trying to make

I actually want to plan a trip out to NYC for this. Coker is going to throw everything into this to make it big and I want to be apart of it.

Fedor vs Mitrione is a stupid fight for hundreds of reasons.

If Fedor wins everyone says Mitrione sucks and is a UFC reject.

If Fedor loses he always sucked because he lost to a UFC reject.

Fedor can beat Mitrione but there is also a chance Fedor get violently KOd and doesnt fight again.

Fedor signed for 3-4 fights and you can get 3-4 good fights out of him against legends and bigger names and really use his star power to further build the Bellator brand.

Mitrione isnt a big name and wont be a big name even he beats Fedor. He isnt some young prospect. He's 38 and will always be the guy from TUF with mixed results in the UFC.

If Fedor loses to this guy his legacy gets trashed even more. If Fedor loses to a legend like Rampage its not nearly as tarnishing and theres no shame in losing to a legend.

The matchmakers are Bellator are fucking idiots for this garbage ass matchmaking. If they were smart Fedor would be fighting Rampage, Kingo Mo, or the winner of Wand vs Sonnen.

Bellator are fucking idiots.

I think that over-all you're right but you're still being SLIGHTLY too harsh with this assessment. If Fedor wins then this is a big win for him at this stage of his career. Mitrione is no chump and who cares if he fought on TUF years ago. People should be way pass the point where they discredit former TUF fighters since so many of them have become future world champions and top contenders. Some people would discredit the win but real fans would know it was a good win for Fedor.

However on the flip side if Fedor loses, and it's very possible that he will since this is a very dangerous fight for him, Mitrione wont gain much. Sure he'll get a short term boost in name recognition but like you said this guy is 38 years old and even at hist best he's just a mid tier guy. They should either match Fedor with an older legend or a young guy that they can elevate and promote if he wins.

I see this as a big gamble for Bellator. Mitrione has a lot more name recognition then you give him credit for, maybe they see Mitrione as someone with name value that is very beatable. If Fedor wins then I believe the gamble paid off and Bellator comes off looking like geniuses and will be able to match Fedor with legends in his next few fights.

Back