I'm not paying for Fedor/Mitrione on PPV

Well.. Kongo owned Mitrione but that was like more than 5 years ago so I'm not exactly saying I agree with it. I do think Kongo is slightly better than Mitrione though. Very very slightly tho.

The talent is close enough that I'd rather see him fight Mitrione than Kongo because Mitrione's fights are far less likely to be boring than Kongos

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.... It's OK. None of us are paying for it either.

Fedor vs Rampage, Kongo, Wand, Lashley, Kharitonov or King Mo would all be more exciting than Mitrione. Rampage, King Mo and Kongo are all ranked higher than Mitrione as well. Lashley would just be a big PPV fight because the audience they bring in and Kharitonov would be a classic match people always wanted to see.

Why does Bellator keep saying they are going to do a HW title fight or hint at a HW tournament and then never do anything but make crappy match ups?!

Good question.

I do thing Meathead is higher on most rankings, mostly cause King Mo, Rampage and Wand are still only listed on the Light-Heavy rankings. Seems Russians don't want to fight Russians for America amusement so that might put out Kharitonov. I think Lashley needs to be fighting more top guys so that leaves Kongo. Unless one of these Light-heavy make the move up official.

No official word from Bellator so far. So I wouldn't take Fedor vs. Page-Mo winner off just yet. Fedor will be in the states during Bellator 175 so I expect his next fight to be announced there. Who knows? maybe he'll even cjhallenge the winner of that fight right there in the cage?

Fedor vs Mitrione is a stupid fight for hundreds of reasons.

If Fedor wins everyone says Mitrione sucks and is a UFC reject.

If Fedor loses he always sucked because he lost to a UFC reject.

Fedor can beat Mitrione but there is also a chance Fedor get violently KOd and doesnt fight again.

Fedor signed for 3-4 fights and you can get 3-4 good fights out of him against legends and bigger names and really use his star power to further build the Bellator brand.

Mitrione isnt a big name and wont be a big name even he beats Fedor. He isnt some young prospect. He's 38 and will always be the guy from TUF with mixed results in the UFC.

If Fedor loses to this guy his legacy gets trashed even more. If Fedor loses to a legend like Rampage its not nearly as tarnishing and theres no shame in losing to a legend.

The matchmakers are Bellator are fucking idiots for this garbage ass matchmaking. If they were smart Fedor would be fighting Rampage, Kingo Mo, or the winner of Wand vs Sonnen.

Bellator are fucking idiots.
I'm not a big fan of the Emelianenko-Mitrione fight either, but the impression I get by how Bellator debuted Mitrione and the generous promotion of him on Bellator events is that they see him as their big heavyweight superstar (a well-spoken American with a personality), and my guess is that they set this fight up on the hopes that Mitrione defeats Emelianenko, and this turns out to be his breakout performance before handing him the belt in a gimme fight.

If that's the case, the fact that this isn't for the (vacant) heavyweight title is more indicative that they actually don't want to take the risk of Emelianenko winning it, and then bouncing to the UFC once his contract's up. Mitrione seems to be the guy they want to invest in for the long-term.

Otherwise, they should've scrapped this fight, and put Emelianenko up against another legend ala Rampage, or dangle the carrot for Ortiz or Cro Cop to come out of retirement.

Fedor vs Mitrione is a stupid fight for hundreds of reasons.

If Fedor wins everyone says Mitrione sucks and is a UFC reject.

If Fedor loses he always sucked because he lost to a UFC reject.

Fedor can beat Mitrione but there is also a chance Fedor get violently KOd and doesnt fight again.

Fedor signed for 3-4 fights and you can get 3-4 good fights out of him against legends and bigger names and really use his star power to further build the Bellator brand.

Mitrione isnt a big name and wont be a big name even he beats Fedor. He isnt some young prospect. He's 38 and will always be the guy from TUF with mixed results in the UFC.

If Fedor loses to this guy his legacy gets trashed even more. If Fedor loses to a legend like Rampage its not nearly as tarnishing and theres no shame in losing to a legend.

The matchmakers are Bellator are fucking idiots for this garbage ass matchmaking. If they were smart Fedor would be fighting Rampage, Kingo Mo, or the winner of Wand vs Sonnen.

Bellator are fucking idiots.

You'll still watch.

I'm not a big fan of the Emelianenko-Mitrione fight either, but the impression I get by how Bellator debuted Mitrione and the generous promotion of him on Bellator events is that they see him as their big heavyweight superstar (a well-spoken American with a personality), and my guess is that they set this fight up on the hopes that Mitrione defeats Emelianenko, and this turns out to be his breakout performance before handing him the belt in a gimme fight.

If that's the case, the fact that this isn't for the (vacant) heavyweight title is more indicative that they actually don't want to take the risk of Emelianenko winning it, and then bouncing to the UFC once his contract's up. Mitrione seems to be the guy they want to invest in for the long-term.

Otherwise, they should've scrapped this fight, and put Emelianenko up against another legend ala Rampage, or dangle the carrot for Ortiz or Cro Cop to come out of retirement.

I agree. The guys at Bellator are scumbags. Trying to build a 38 year old UFC reject on the back of a legend like Fedor. I would understand if it was a young prospect which is an honorable death for an old samurai like Fedor but come on, a 38 year old NFL and UFC reject.

Fedor can win this fight but he may also get KOd in a way where he may never fight again and I feel like that's such a waste.

Why take such a gamble on a 38 year old loser like Mitrione in the twilight of Fedors career when you can get 3-4 fights out of Fedor against legends and guys with a name like Tito, Rampage, Sonnen, Wand, and maybe even Mirko??? Fights fans would tune in for with compelling story lines.

Fucking morons at Bellator.

Not paying either. Bellator probably did this on purpose. They made up some bullshit reason to postpone the fight because they saw how much interest was in it, so they decided on how to make more profit from it.

I might order Bellator's PPV to watch Chael beat up Wanderlei and Fedor possibly get KO'd by Mitrione, but they better get some solid last minute replacements in case Wanderlei or Mitrione flake out at the last minute.

I will watch to support Fedor who is the GOAT and my favorite fighter ever. But I'm against this fight. Trash matchmaking.

None of the Bellator heavyweights are worth watching. This is probably the best of the worst.

Not paying either. Bellator probably did this on purpose. They made up some bullshit reason to postpone the fight because they saw how much interest was in it, so they decided on how to make more profit from it.

Why would they do it on purpose when they simply could have scheduled the bout for NYC in the first place?

Some people always find a reason to whine and moan.

We have Fedor fighting in the USA against a legit killer like Mitrione, that's what the majority of people asked for years.
Bellator is giving us what we asked, don't be silly.

We have Fedor fighting in the USA against a legit killer like Mitrione, that's what the majority of people asked for years.
People have been asking for Fedor vs Mitrione for years......said no one ever.

Mothafucka nobody been asking for Fedor vs Mitrione for years. WTF are you smoking? This fight is as stupid as it gets in terms of matchmaking. Bellator clearly trying to build Mitrione off Fedor's name which is utterly retarded because Mitrione isnt some young prospect, he is a 38 year old UFC reject.

Fedor isnt chasing belts and doesnt have to fight 260lbs HWs. He can mix it up with other legends like Rampage, Tito, Wand, Sonnen and maybe Mirko.

Mitrione is poor match making.

None of the Bellator heavyweights are worth watching. This is probably the best of the worst.

Fedor doesnt have to exclusively fight HWs. Hes a very, very small HW who is also old who has 3-4 fights left in him.

He can easily fight Tito, Rampage, King Mo, Sonnen , Wand or Mirko. Guys with names and fights with compelling story lines. Not Mitrione who is a high risk no reward fight against a guy no one will give Fedor any props for beating.

I wouldn't rule paying for the ppv out. Throw Larkin vs Lima in there. Maybe chandler as well. I'd be down to pay for it.

I think the main event could be exciting as fuck. A lot of bad blood

then don't. just watch it at a friends place or bar

Why would they do it on purpose when they simply could have scheduled the bout for NYC in the first place?

I literally just said the reason why in my post that you quoted.

Back