I'm New To Boxing And Have A Question About Mike Tyson

combo66

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
At Tyson's age, is he still considered a threat to non-professional boxers? Could any member here for example, beat him in a fight? Would you fight him?

Welcome to the forum , what made you a fan of boxing?

The man was seen to intimidate opponents before the bell.
Number one bullrusher

Well mozfonky says he would beat up prime Mike Tyson, so I don't even want to know what he'd do to 50 y. old Tyson.

I think most sherdoggers would beat him up as well. In particular here in the boxing forum everyone is known for a great jab and subtle defense. Mike Tyson would be overwhelmed.

He would overwhelm any non-professional fighter in a boxing match, even a great athlete like a football or rugby player. The game has passed him on, but only in the sense that he wouldn't be able to compete with current professional boxers. He would annihilate the average Sherdogger, including all the "2 stripe purples" and "275 pound bench" club members.

Oh, on the second question. I don't think I'd fight him now just because I have a lot to look forward to right at the minute. But I would have fought him at most points in my life up until a couple of years ago. I'd be one of the people he would run through, but it would be a great honor to go into the ring and work with him. Whether he let me walk out of the ring on my own or not would be his choice but even if he didn't, I would love to remember and tell the story of getting KOd by Mike Tyson after it happened.

I think most people who have boxed or done MMA or something like that would not be afraid of being hit, even of being hit so hard you get KOd. The big fear is being humiliated by someone that is so much better than you. With Tyson that fear is gone, because you would fully expect him to be that much better and so would everyone else.

He was top of the game, the most elite possible, and he looks in shape these days for his age. My money would be on an untrained 50 year old Tyson knocking out any amateur in the first few exchanges.

All you need to see right here: few months ago.

The way he set up that right hand down the pipe, wouldve been sleepytime for Mr. Jones.

No one around here beats Tyson. His style is impetuous, his defense is impregnable, , and he's just ferocious.

Guys like Tyson don't just fade into Bolivian.

Back