I'm looking for some great boxing quotes

Didn't the Prince told Kelly something like thet he needs someone to hold his Poster up and kevin is the right guy for it...or something?

One of my favorite quotes:

"I'll go in the jungle and fight a lion with a toothpick" - Joe Frazier

Helllll no. A lion with a toothpick would be nearly unstoppable.

" I'll fuck you till you love me :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:"

"I want who necks! WHO NECKS!" - Sam Peters

"The best diet is eat whatever you want, just don't swallow." - Jake Lamotta

"I fought for world titles in boxing, karate, I fought bar wars, street corners, most everything living and half the stuff dead and darling it don’t matter there ain’t nobody bad, I know, I looked"

Tex Cobb

"Even if it's the son of god, I don't care. I fight whoever I need to fight." - Guillermo Rigodeaux

My two favorites...
Marvin Hagler: When you go to war, you're gonna get wounded. (Discussing the cut in the Hearns fight).
Mike Tyson: Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.

Dundee to Leonard during Leonard-Hearns I: "You're blowing it, kid."

Jack Dempsey: "A champ is someone who hets up when he can't."

Cus D'Amato: "Fear is like fire: under control it's good, out of control it's bad."

Muhammad Ali: "Birds fly. Bees buzz. Waves pound the shore. I punch people in the face."

Jake LaMotta: "You can't go into the ring and be a nice guy."

Another Tex cob quote.

"I was 0 and 15 as a amature so I did the only thing I could, I turned pro"

James toney - "Monday was my birthday, so I'm gonna enjoy it with some BURGER KING BURGER KING BURGER KING."

George Chemeres longtime Pacific Northwest boxing figure who ran the gym at 110 Cherry Street in Seattle on a
particularly hot and humid afternoon complained in a loud voice to anyone listening in the gym.

"Somebody open the window or we're all going to be sophisticated in here."

another. . .

"Get him to sign a Half-a-David."
. . .The question came back: Whats a Half-a-David?. . . .Chemeres replied "ypu know, Half-a-David. . .one of those legal documents"

"I define fear as standing across the ring from Joe Louis and knowing he wants to go home early." Max Baer

"My money ? I spent it on slow horses and fast women." "All my wives were great housekeepers. After every divorce, they kept the house." Willie Pep

My personal fav is " Fear is a friend of exceptional people" Cus D'Amato

And the one in my signature still brings a smile to my face. It was after AA got disqualified for hitting Dirrell when he was down and Dirrell 'couldn't' continue:

Interviewer: 'He's (Dirrell) a good boxer'
Arthur Abraham: 'No. He's a good actor'

Prince Naseem: "And I ain't trying to brag, but I was bloody good at it."

Chris Eubank Sr. on Nigel Benn
“In the ring I looked at him and saw a relentless savage. But I also saw a man with a slight doubt on his mind. When he looked into my eyes he needed reassurance. I thought ‘It’s too late for that mate. You’re mine’”

Chris Eubank:
“Not being born to parents who were accountants was probably my biggest mistake.”

Back