I'm looking for some great boxing quotes

Tex Cobb on a potential rematch with Holmes:

"I don't think his hands could take the abuse."

On being informed that commentator Howard Cosell had hung up his mike after being so appalled at the one-sidedness of the Holmes-Cobb fight:

"I can do my sport no greater service."

Also my signature.

"I want to hit him, step away, and watch him hurt. I want his heart." --Joe Frazier

"He can run, but he can't hide." --Joe Louis

"If you screw things up in tennis, it's 15-love. If you screw up in boxing, it's your ass." --Randall "Tex" Cobb

"If I survived the Marines, I could survive Ali." --Chuck Wepner

"It's like someone jammed an electric light bulb in your face, and busted it. I thought half my head was blowed off...When he knocked me down I could have stayed there for three weeks." --Jimmy Braddock talking about being KO'd by Joe Louis

"What's the sense of being Irish, if you can't be stupid".

Billy Conn.

"I was booed everytime I fought. Nobody really hated me though, except my four ex-wives."
--Art Aragon

"Three of my wives were good housekeepers. After we got divorced, they kept the house."
--Willie Pep

"They say that money talks, but the only thing it ever said to me was good bye."
---Joe Louis

Apologies for the language used...

In 1980 or so, there was a big dinner honouring heavyweights of the past and present. Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier and Larry Holmes were all there. So were Renaldo Snipes and Tex Cobb. In his usual fashion, Tex Cobb got up to give a toast. He said, "I'm honoured to be in the same room as some of the baddest n*****s ever." Renaldo Snipes stood up, and said, "I'm not going to stand here and let you call me a n*****!" Cobb said, "Relax. I wasn't talking about you."

Tex Cobb probably has provided more quotes that I chuckled at then any other boxer in history...

Apologies for the language used...

In 1980 or so, there was a big dinner honouring heavyweights of the past and present. Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier and Larry Holmes were all there. So were Renaldo Snipes and Tex Cobb. In his usual fashion, Tex Cobb got up to give a toast. He said, "I'm honoured to be in the same room as some of the baddest n*****s ever." Renaldo Snipes stood up, and said, "I'm not going to stand here and let you call me a n*****!" Cobb said, "Relax. I wasn't talking about you."

Now that's some funny ish!!! LOL!!!!

S.

MAybe posted already but Tyson after receiving an honorary doctorate from Central State University.

"I don't know what kind of doctor I am, but watching all these beautiful sisters here, I'm debating whether I should be a gynecologist."

I remember when Roberto Garcia took on Ben Tackie,Joe Goosen was Tackie's trainer.After getting hit about 75 flush times and outclassed BAD in the first round,he came back to his corner and the first thing Goosen says to him is"Hey,your gonna knock this guy out".At that moment I thought,what an idiot,if anything,he keeps taking shots like that,he's going out.I'll be damn in the last round,he did just that.Knocked grampa out with one punch.At the time,it was the worst quote I ever heard,but in hindsight,it was fucking genius.Oh yeah,the one consortium said about Tex Cobb at the dinner with Snipes is sbout some of the funniest shit I've heard in a minute.

sugar ray robinson

“My business is hurting people.”

“To be a champ, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.”

"You don’t think. It’s all instinct. If you stop to think, you’re gone."

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Muhammad Ali

Let the other guy have whatever he wants before the fight. Once the bell rings he's gonna be disappointed anyway. - George Foreman

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. - Bob Fitzsimmons

How dare these boxers challenge me with their primitive skills? - Mike Tyson

It's ludricrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm. - Mike Tyson

He went to the hospital with bleeding kidneys and me, I went dancing with my wife. - George Chuvalo

His mouth made him felt like he was gonna win. Not his hands, I had my hand. He had his lips. - Joe Frazier

Once that bell rings you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy. - Joe Louis

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. - Cus D'Amato

Marvin Hagler

I have my mind focused on one thing and that's to destroy him. That is to knock him out.

That's what I feel, "WAR". That's what is on my mind.

I've been feeding the faith and I've been starving the doubt. So there's no doubt in my mind that I can't win this fight and that I won't knock Thomas Hearns out.

"Go get me a sandwich and sit down."

-George Foreman at Teddy Atlas

"I'll fuck you till you love me, white boy" - Mike Tyson.

One of my favorite quotes:

"I'll go in the jungle and fight a lion with a toothpick" - Joe Frazier

Ray Mercer once put out a ridiculous one, but still one I really like : "In war you either live or die, and I'm livin', until I'm dead"

"It will be a killer, and a chiller, and a thriller, when I get the gorilla in Manila".

"My toughest fight was with my first wife".

"Frazier is so ugly that he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wild Life".

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".

-Muhammad Ali

"I'm gonna lick the Klit!"
Tyson Fury

"Chin man...he got a chin. I hit him with everything and...that Chin...man..."
..something along those lines
Roger Mayweather about JCC Sr.

Back