I'm going to UFC Charlotte! What should I expect??

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Just bought my tickets to UFC Charlotte. I'm in an okay/kinda bad section. Not terrible though.

Anyone who has been to an actual UFC event fill me in on what to expect besides your typical MMA fans and sloppy casuals and beer.

Whatcha got??
giphy.

Look for fighters in the seats near the cage - like first 10-15 rows is full of them typically. How big of an event is this? Never heard of it but that doesn’t mean much.

I’ve only been to one event (UFC 201). In my experience all the fighters were happy to shake hands and what not. Some of them are there for the fans as much as they are for the fights.

Enjoy!

Edit - didn’t realize this was the upcoming card. I dont ever know event names

Last edited:
expect to watch the TV at the top of the cage since the posts are usually in the way of your view. Imagine watching your TV from 25 feet away with a bunch of assholes and you got the general feel of a live UFC fight.

Look for a guy in a Buffalo Bills hat holding up a number 1 finger. Sit with him he’s a Sherbro.

You should expect to see Brunson KO Jacare.

Get there early so you get the full experience and can find your seat without to much trouble. Dress comfortably, you will be there for a long time and it’s gonna get hot as fuck when the arena fills up. Make sure to eat before you go, you don’t want to have to fuck around with waiting in line for an over priced hotdog. Hit up a bar or tailgate in the parking lot, booze will be expensive as fuck, so if your half way pissed up that’s just more money you won’t be spending on alcohol. And lastly, enjoy yourself and take things in, it’s something every MMA fan should experience.
Have fun fellow Sherdogger...

tenor.gif

Try not to spend all your time watching the big screen TV. Pretty decent card as well.

you should expect brunson to win

Bragging about having a green belt on Sherdog might help with the ladies... Tapout gear might help too...;)

If you are in bad seats expect to look at the TV screen when they are on the ground because it is not easy to see what they are doing even if you are close.
It's like most sports it is cool to go to live events but you can see 100% better when you watch it on TV, this is why the commentators have a TV monitor beside them and they are as close as you can get.

Fuck... I didn't even realize it was in Charlotte til this thread.... There's gonna be enough fucking woo's to fill space mountain.

Is there any advantage to going live? I feel like I'd have to watch the whole card again at home. I guess experiencing the atmosphere is a plus during big moments. Have fun. It should be a good night of action.

Back