I'm going to a Bernie Sanders town hall tonight in Detroit.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Should be entertaining.

I was thinking about asking "Do you think there is a cultural problem in areas where people born and raised there commit much, much more crime than average, or do you think it's other people doing things other places that are responsible for the criminal behavior?

But seriously, I support moving towards single payer. Bernie being closer to independant has always interested me, although I'm pretty sure he's just a guy making a living off big money keeping him in business these days. We will see what he has to say.

I'm going with my pregnant Syrian gf. I told her she could go alone if she wanted because it was a very safe area.. No nazis.

Anybody have any legit questions I should ask?

Last edited:
How can he get a single payer system through both houses of congress?

Taxing the rich won't solve all our problems. What are programs he is willing to cuts in to improve our financial standing?

Ask Bernie when he is going to redistribute his own wealth.

If you want to break his balls on single payer, ask him what happens to the hundreds of thousands of workers in the insurance industry, what happens to the people who like the insurance they have and how is he going to convince middle class people to pay a lot more in tax (when many employers help cover the cost of insurance).

I'd love him to address how a single payer is better than fixing the problems with the current system.

How can he get a single payer system through both houses of congress?

Taxing the rich won't solve all our problems. What are programs he is willing to cuts in to improve our financial standing?

I thought about gushing the crowd with a---

"A lot of Independant Obama voters voted for Trump because he talked about what a waste of money most of our endeavors in the middle East were.. Would you reduce spending in the middle East to fund single payer? Also, do you think America's government should put America first?"

If you want to break his balls on single payer, ask him what happens to the hundreds of thousands of workers in the insurance industry, what happens to the people who like the insurance they have and how is he going to convince middle class people to pay a lot more in tax (when many employers help cover the cost of insurance).

I'd love him to address how a single payer is better than fixing the problems with the current system.

I wouldnt ask him that, personally, because although morally driven capitalism is the best system.the planet has ever seen, capitalism fails in the business of health care on very fundamental levels.

ask him why he thinks the Clinton foundation is not getting any donations now?

Also, when is he going to pay his fare share in taxes?

"A lot of Independant Obama voters voted for Trump because he talked about what a waste of money most of our endeavors in the middle East were.. Would you reduce spending in the middle East to fund single payer? Also, do you think America's government should put America first?"
Bernie has been anti-war, he wouldn't reveal anything he hasn't already. He would absolutely reduce military spending overall to fund single payer.

"Why do Democrats think they can fix Detroit after running it for several decades?"

As you're one of the more independent thinkers here, good for you.

Should be entertaining.

I was thinking about asking "Do you think there is a cultural problem in areas where people born and raised there commit much, much more crime than average, or do you think it's other people doing things other places that are responsible for the criminal behavior?

At the micro level, it's the criminals' fault. At the macro level, it's the fault of an economic system that necessitates that a certain amount of people live in overcrowded urban poverty: an underclass will always be necessary for the existence of our current economic system. When you have 100 people and a rule that says, in order to play this game 5 of you will have to be shit bags, it's more of the fault of the persons wanting a continuation of those rules for their own benefit at winning the gamethan the person who ends up being one of the unlucky 5.

I'm pretty sure he's just a guy making a living off big money keeping him in business these days.

There are ways to verify (not just be "pretty sure" about) that statement.

No, he's not benefiting from "big money keeping him in business."

Anybody have any legit questions I should ask?

Ask about Cuba and Iran. And about whether Democrats' identity politics is stunting the reach of his populism. And if he supports the suggestion of epistocracy to stop the momentum of idiotic and uninformed voting trends.

"Hypothetical, here Bern--if I was going to commit bank fraud, what are 3 things I should avoid to prevent getting caught?"

I wouldnt ask him that, personally, because although morally driven capitalism is the best system.the planet has ever seen, capitalism fails in the business of health care on very fundamental levels.
Right, which is why I want to know why single payer is better than fixing those failings. Personally, I don't think it is.

I agree with a focus on reducing healthcare costs (drug prices are a good start) and agree that the goal should be 100% coverage, but we do not need a single payer to accomplish those.

I haven't seen Bernie mount a good defense against the problems with a single payer.

Ask him how long would the lines be at the hospitals?

Also him being better off than 95% of citizens, would he still use private care?

I think I thought of a single payer option that americans might get behind, and it also solves another massive issue
How about all adults now have to at least go to bootcamp......not mandatory service afterwards, but at least the basic training portion.
1) it opens up people's eyes, experiencing multiple cultures and walks of life coming together for a common task and purpose.
2) forces people to go through adversity, aka 'embrace the suck' something that surely is missing from such an entitled generation. Also going through it w/ other people (minorities, sexual orientation, religion, etc..) would likely lessen any lingering resentments or biases
3) then everyone gets put on a revamped, single payer version of the VA.....
4) forced exercise and dieting, maybe can go some way towards combating future obesity issues, thus lowering overall health care costs
5) perhaps even offer a minimized GI Bill to help w/ college funding, not the same for full tenured service veterans but something....

people won't resent paying for others that didn't earn it, it's patriotic in a way, can take some of the bloated DoD and VA budgets, etc....

obviously elderly/disabled/others would be grandfathered in, but this applies for both sexes too.

Who's with me?

Probably integrate them into the plan the way Germany and Switzerland do? They have national healthcare, but it's not the "single payer" model like Denmark and Finland. It's the best way, tbh. Our Medicare system is currently very buggy and needs some private industry moxi to make it smoother and keep it from being abused.

You should definitely ask that and fire on off on culture if you can like in the OP.

Ask him why he didn't go 3rd party and break the wheel.

Probably integrate them into the plan the way Germany and Switzerland do? They have national healthcare, but it's. Or the "single payer" model like Denmark and Finland. It's the best way, tbh. Our Medicare system is currently very buggy and needs some private industry moxi to make it smoother and keep it from being abused.
Our economy and healthcare system is way bigger and more complicated than all of those countries combined. Also, I mentioned some obvious problems with transitioning before, like what to do with hundreds of thousands of workers and increased taxes. This aside from the obvious political opposition.

In principle I like the idea of a single payer but I've come around to the facts that there would be a lot of pain transitioning over and I also think it's better to fix the problems we do have.

Why is a single payer preferential to fixing the ACA? I think many of the answers to that can be addressed keeping the ACA in place and avoiding the harm of a massive overhaul.

Edit: I'd have to check but I think our healthcare industry is bigger than their entire economies combined!

ask him why he an his voters are irrelevant and live in a bubble and did he cry when hillary screwed him?

Back