Im getting tired of all this crying because Dillashaw called Mighty Mouse

They are NOT willing to pay him more. Where are you getting that from? They are willing to give him the same PPV points deal. He DOES NOT want that because he KNOWS he does NOT generate PPV sales. He wants to be paid more money on the front end and have no PPV points.

Where is your source that he’s gonna get paid more for this fight?
You're right that he won't be guaranteed more money. I believe a champion vs champion fight would sell more PPV's than a normal MM fight. That is how he would make the most amount of money. You're correct that it's not a guarantee though. If he can't sell PPV's, then why should the UFC pay him more money up front? That's not how businesses succeed. You get paid what you're worth. If MM sells then he makes more money. Sounds fair to me.

You should be used to it by now. Sherdog changes their mind on everything. First, MM isn't fighting anyone, and his record is a sham, but now all of a sudden, it's like they don't wanna watch him fight TJ, and a super legit opponent. TJ's "picking" on DJ, even though he's willing to drop down, and fight him in his OWN WEIGHT CLASS.....you really can't make this shit up.

It's mind boggling how stupid some fans are.

You should be used to it by now. Sherdog changes their mind on everything. First, MM isn't fighting anyone, and his record is a sham, but now all of a sudden, it's like they don't wanna watch him fight TJ, and a super legit opponent. TJ's "picking" on DJ, even though he's willing to drop down, and fight him in his OWN WEIGHT CLASS.....you really can't make this shit up.

It's mind boggling how stupid some fans are.
indeed!

Wasn't DJ open to fighting Garbrandt before UFC 217? What changed?
DJ actually respects Cody and TAM, so they were in the thinking that a fight between them, would be big numbers for each of their careers. DJ isn't too keen on TJ, so he's not looking to help TJ become a bigger name, as between the two.. DJ is the money and star, not TJ. While Cody was just as big a star as DJ.

DJ actually respects Cody and TAM, so they were in the thinking that a fight between them, would be big numbers for each of their careers. DJ isn't too keen on TJ, so he's not looking to help TJ become a bigger name, as between the two.. DJ is the money and star, not TJ. While Cody was just as big a star as DJ.
Right, because it's all about who you like.
"DJ isn't too keen on TJ, so he's not looking to help TJ become a bigger name"
This pains me so much that I'm struggling to figure out how to even approach the stupidity of this concept. TJ is the biggest challenge DJ will ever face at 125, but he won't fight him because he doesn't like him? OK

Right, because it's all about who you like.
"DJ isn't too keen on TJ, so he's not looking to help TJ become a bigger name"
This pains me so much that I'm struggling to figure out how to even approach the stupidity of this concept. TJ is the biggest challenge DJ will ever face at 125, but he won't fight him because he doesn't like him? OK
You missed the point kiddo.. it's a career, a business.. we do things and fight others we think makes us the most money and if a big fight, hopefully someone we respect. Yes, DJ would rather see Cody make the money and hold off on the fight until Cody wins his belt back. It's up to the ufc, but DJ doesn't have to sign the bout agreement. Nor is TJ the "biggest comp" at 125, as he has never fought at 125, isn't ranked at 125, have no clue beside his lying mouth, if he can make the weight and even perform at the weight. So to answer your question casual guy, yes.. from what DJ says personally and from what is being said to some who train at TAM, DJ would rather see the money go into Cody's pocket as TJ would be riding off DJ's coattails while Cody and DJ are more equal in popularity and both bring fans to the table.

People that can’t let this topic go are gay for TJ.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Are the categories not by weight?
So! If TJ make the weight then there is no cry "a bigger fighter beating a smaller". The divisions are by weight, not by height!

DJ fought all his life in Bantamweigh, Dillashaw current weight, until the creation of the FLY, where he ran to.

So fucking stupid.

How about “MM fought at the higher weight class because HIS natural weight class did not exist yet.”?

You missed the point kiddo.. it's a career, a business.. we do things and fight others we think makes us the most money and if a big fight, hopefully someone we respect. Yes, DJ would rather see Cody make the money and hold off on the fight until Cody wins his belt back. It's up to the ufc, but DJ doesn't have to sign the bout agreement. Nor is TJ the "biggest comp" at 125, as he has never fought at 125, isn't ranked at 125, have no clue beside his lying mouth, if he can make the weight and even perform at the weight. So to answer your question casual guy, yes.. from what DJ says personally and from what is being said to some who train at TAM, DJ would rather see the money go into Cody's pocket as TJ would be riding off DJ's coattails while Cody and DJ are more equal in popularity and both bring fans to the table.
There has to be a balance between rankings and a Champ choosing who to fight, otherwise, scrap them and make polls for the fans to vote on. I can take the TJ is unproven to make weight argument, but that should apply to Cody as well if you're gonna play that game.

It's a career, a business, but it's also suppose to be a sport.

So fucking stupid.

How about “MM fought at the higher weight class because HIS natural weight class did not exist yet.”?
How about "The category is pathetic and they already thinking about exterminating it by the lack of serious contenders"?

How about "The category is pathetic and they already thinking about exterminating it by the lack of serious contenders"?

Which has nothing to do do with why he was initially fighting one weight class up.

Should I stick to words four letters or less in the future, so you can keep up?

a8105d3e4351111b9ad10eff8b965d87.jpg

It's just lame to call out smaller fighters, period.

Which has nothing to do do with why he was initially fighting one weight class up.

Should I stick to words four letters or less in the future, so you can keep up?

a8105d3e4351111b9ad10eff8b965d87.jpg
Its you again DJ? How many sherdog acc you have?

But DJ wants to fight Sergio Pettis
To further establish his legacy and cement himself as P4P nr 1
LMFAO
Pettis has some kind of streak. It can't be ignored.
It's cowardly IMO. I really like TJ but he needs to defend at 135. Sure even if he COULD cut a shit ton of water to fight at 125, that's just water. He will be larger than mighty mouse and that's just cowardly.
They should just meet at 130 and go from there.

This might be the dumbest post I've read in a long ass time. You seriously can't be this stupid.

The only people complaining are DJ fan boys.

It's just lame to call out smaller fighters, period.

How about if that fighter is willing to MOVE DOWN to that fighters weight class?

I honestly don't get Sherdog sometimes. DJ's record is completely phony, and he's fighting a bunch of bums, but now that he finally has a legit elite champion willing to fight him at HIS OWN WEIGHT CLASS, this is a stupid fight all of a sudden?

What in TF are you guys waiting for? For some 125 lb. beast to come into the UFC 3-4 years from now, and challenge DJ? I honestly don't get this dumb ass logic from some of you guys.

If TJ could make 125 lb, he would be fighting at FLW instead of BW. I'm sure he could make 145 easily but is too scared to move up and fight the FW champion. Don't be scared, homie.

Are the categories not by weight?
So! If TJ make the weight then there is no cry "a bigger fighter beating a smaller". The divisions are by weight, not by height!

DJ fought all his life in Bantamweigh, Dillashaw current weight, until the creation of the FLY, where he ran to.
You and some people are missing the point.

First, the issue,
( at the time, Cody was recovering, and TJ was itching for a fight)
With giving TJ a title, was cutting to 125 on short notice. That was what people argued against, in other words, if he went down and made the weight, fine. But there was no guarantee he could make it, and in the off chance he won, would he then desert the division to go after Cody? Would the fun fight with Cody be up in smoke since TJ would now be a 125’r?

2nd- if TJ wants to fight DJ so bad, and the UFC wants it so bad, let TJ make the cut. If DJ is to move up, UFC better shell out the $$$ because it is TJ making the call out, not DJ.

3rd- not a major argument point but if TJ goes down, is this permanent or is he going to put two divisions on hold (if he won). Plus, Isn’t he technically ducking another goat in Cruz, a world beater in Jimmy Rivera and a hell of a dangerous rematch with Cody ( yes Cody lost but he is damn hazardous to TJ’s health)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back