I'm getting bullied, can I have some grappling advice?

anonymoused

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello, don't know if this is the wrong section, I'll move it to the correct one if it is.

Anyway, I'm 19 years old, 5'7 and 140 pounds. My brother is 11 years old, 5'2ish and around 85 pounds. He started taking Jiu Jitsu lessons a couple years back and is quite good. The only thing is he's been "practicing" on me, which includes positions like the image below (it wasn't bullying in this image). So a couple of weeks ago he started fighting with me which I did not consent to. I was stuck in a head scissor and tapped out but he didn't let go and I was rendered unconscious. Since then he constantly beats me up, to the point where I'm losing sleep over it.

It's embarrassing and has gone too far. Is there anyway I can make it stop without resorting to punching? (i.e. grappling) I'm not a violent person. Also, does anyone know how to get out of the position seen below? Obviously, I can't tell my parents because of the embarrassing nature so please don't suggest that.

Thank you.
515b003632bf4fb1bb83ba46787763ec_A.png

Wouldn't it take a long time to get better than him though? I was looking for an immediate solution.

The immediate solution is to actually do actual training until it becomes a permanent solution.

The immediate solution is to actually do actual training until it becomes a permanent solution.

Sorry if this sounds ungrateful as you've actually bothered to write a proper answer but the training may take months. Am I supposed to just keep on getting beat up in the meantime? In your experience (or on average) how long does it take to learn how to defend yourself?

Sorry if this sounds ungrateful as you've actually bothered to write a proper answer but the training may take months. Am I supposed to just keep on getting beat up in the meantime? In your experience (or on average) how long does it take to learn how to defend yourself?

dude are you kidding? I mean your brother is training to defeat other people who also train, you think you can come and ask for some advice on line on how to get better at grappling without actually training grappling/

just punch him in the face, but thats going to probably getting madder, so hell probably choke you out again.

dude are you kidding? I mean your brother is training to defeat other people who also train, you think you can come and ask for some advice on line on how to get better at grappling without actually training grappling/

just punch him in the face, but thats going to probably getting madder, so hell probably choke you out again.

I was hoping for advice on some kind of move I could use or some better way to defend myself against positions like the picture on an immediate basis. And I half punched him once before and it did not end well so I'm not doing it again.

My dad would straight up abandon me if I told him a story like this. Isn't there some type of defense I can learn? I've got 55 pounds on him, surely that counts for something.

I was hoping for advice on some kind of move I could use or some better way to defend myself against positions like the picture on an immediate basis. And I half punched him once before and it did not end well so I'm not doing it again.

My dad would straight up abandon me if I told him a story like this. Isn't there some type of defense I can learn? I've got 55 pounds on him, surely that counts for something.
get a gun

Alright, I get the point. I'll watch some YouTube videos on it but I highly doubt it'll help much.

Well so do we, get your ass at the academy eventually you'll catch up, specially if you have that much weight on him

A silk sock filled with lead shot'll do the trick. Wait til he's sleeping.

Well so do we, get your ass at the academy eventually you'll catch up, specially if you have that much weight on him

I mean, I'll think about it but he's been doing Jiu Jitsu for a couple of years now so I'm not sure if I can catch up. You would think my weight is an advantage but I still get pinned every time. I guess I could try a class and see if I like it though. Thanks for helping.

I mean, I'll think about it but he's been doing Jiu Jitsu for a couple of years now so I'm not sure if I can catch up. You would think my weight is an advantage but I still get pinned every time. I guess I could try a class and see if I like it though. Thanks for helping.

It doesn't matter, you learn basic defense quite fast after a couple of months at least you will be able to stalk him some bit, specially withou the gi

'Catching up' is not a real thing over long time frames; skill is not like a 'bank' that is simply added too over time.

People reach the majority of their level of potential fairly quickly; what makes a difference after that is their specialization and game-planning; what skills you spend your time on *maintaining* at a given level.

Last edited:
Back