I'm conflicted on GSP v Bisping

I agree. I also agree his last couple of wins were lackluster. GSP always seems to come in to fights in top form. I don't care for the fight either, but it is GSP' best chance at getting the MW strap. If he does win, I seriously doubt he defends it. This is and has been my prediction since he announced his comeback...GSP wins the MW strap, then goes back to WW to challenge for the WW title and wins it to, becoming the 2nd UFC fighter to be a simultaneous 2 division champ, setting up the final money grab fight with Conor. 3 big money grabs, one giving Conor the chance to win the WW belt from the most dominant WW fighter of all time, potentially cementing one or the others GOAT status.

Yeah that would be a great endgame but GSP would have to beat Bisping, whoever has the WW strap after that, and in the mean time Conor will probably need to defend again unless he can stall with all this mayweather shit for another year.

i want a double KO

jacare said it perfect

i think maybe kenny florian said it too

No I really don't I can't stand Bisping. I respect him for the years he's put into the sport but he is not a championship level fighter and never was. The fact remains that Rockhold basically gave him the title with his over confidence and the he gets his first defense against a well past his prime Hendo and his second against a 170er that hasn't fought in 3 years. If he does win this fight and then beats Yoel or Jacare I'll shut the fuck up though.

No I really don't I can't stand Bisping. I respect him for the years he's put into the sport but he is not a championship level fighter and never was. The fact remains that Rockhold basically gave him the title with his over confidence and the he gets his first defense against a well past his prime Hendo and his second against a 170er that hasn't fought in 3 years. If he does win this fight and then beats Yoel or Jacare I'll shut the fuck up though.
What if he retires after beating GSP easily for this possible simulation?

i'm conflicted. i like MMA but think this spectacle of a matchup should be ignored and boycotted.

sure hope they don't put any quality fights on this card.

This is a lose-lose outcome. Neither fighter will accept a legit next title defense if they win. I actually see a strong chance of Bisping winning and retiring immediately after.

if GSP is going to stay at MW and defend the belt if he beats bisping, then i wouldn't mind him winning. i see him vacating the belt if he wins and that will screw a lot of things up for romero, who deserves the shot right now.

i want to see bisping beat GSP and then face romero.
The only way GSP is staying at MW for another fight is if he gets Anderson.

Nope, not torn a all. Hope to see Bisping win by early TKO.

I honestly only care about GSP vs Andy at 185, other than that he can head back down to 170. If he wasn't willing to jump in his prime, he shouldn't be now.

This is one PPV that I will not be watching. Both guys come off badly for accepting this matchup. Bisping is absolutely milking his fluke victory over Rockhold, and GSP is milking the fact there's a MW titleholder that is a much easier matchup than the one he avoided for years. Both guys took the fight since they don't feel the other has the ability to hurt them.

Back