I'm all for those Romero's elbows, but aren't they 12-6?

were those elbows with the tip or with the ulna?

Btw they looked illegal

The following acts constitute fouls in a contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts and may result in penalties, at the discretion of thereferee, if committed:

x. Striking downward using the point of the elbow
... so on every part of the opponent

What is wrong with you?
People want to see this ruled a NC because Romero elbowed a half-dead Brunson to the body and you're asking what is wrong with me?

Fine, let's take the win away from Yoel. That will make MMA better.

The first ones that travelled 12-6 were legal because it wasn't with the point. The ones with the point were legal because they were 12-5.

Yes....this rule has to go.

People want to see this ruled a NC because Romero elbowed a half-dead Brunson to the body and you're asking what is wrong with me?

It isn't that.Discussing this messed up rule is what we're doing here.
They need to remove this or IMPLEMENT it when it's a valid rule.

You say it shouldn't be the case here?We cant make those exceptions on the fly
if it is a valid rule.

Which it is.

We have cases like Jones who had an utterly destroyed Matt Hamill on the floor before he threw those 12-6.Remember that fight?
Same should have applied here.

Jones already destroyed Hamill like Yomero destroyed Brunson.
It's being called by some refs and not by others even in the SAME situations.

Dismissing something like this as no big deal is pretty silly.

Hey guys, figured I'd add my input:

I know this referee personally, he's a huge fan of the sport and he's very popular in GA/SC/NC area. He's a really cool dude and likes to give fighters an opportunity.

With that being said, those elbows near the end were 12-6, but I hate that rule anyway.

Late stoppage? Yeah. Could have been stopped earlier.

Oh well man. He's a good referee, I've seen him work many times.

An argument for 12-6 elbows to the face being illegal could be argued.

An argument for 12-6 elbows to the body really couldn't.

The argument for 12-6 elbows being illegal to the face/head would be the fact that the point of the elbow fits conveniently well into the eye socket, which of course could cause some considerable irreparable damage.

Travis Browne threw 12-6 elbows in an arc.
5.gif

as opposed to travis browne whose body is directly above Barnett, making a 12-6 impossible
000.gif

If the elbow starts at 12 and finishes at 6, how is that not an illegal elbow? Show me in the the rules where it says a arc negates it?

Back