I'm all for those Romero's elbows, but aren't they 12-6?

I'm so confused about the rules lately.

I was recently in a 12-6 elbopw debate here on sherdog. We discovered that 12-6 elbows are only the elbows where your hand travels from 12-6. If there is an arc in the delivery of the strikes, it's completely legal.

That makes the 12-6 elbow rule the worst rule in all of sports because it only covers a VERY narrow range of elbow strikes. A downward, arching elbow strike is NO LESS violent, perhaps even moreso, than a 12-6 elbow strike but it is legal while the 12-6 is not.

If it had an arc it's legal.

Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
All elbow strikes are legal except for an elbow that is thrown in a downward trajectory (hand traveling from 12 o

I hate fouls but those 12-6 elbows to the body didn't KO Brunson.

Except for that they were not legit and there were plenty wrong with them. Tough shit if people do not like the rule, ignoring it is silly. Might as well ignore the downed opponent rule and plenty of people think it is stupid too.

Those elbows cause more damage than a regular elbow? Or a punch even?

If you're pulling the train whistle it's illegal. If you're making farting sounds with your armpit it's not.

- Sherdog pedagogy

Did you ignore everything I said and asked another question?

I mean wrong as in it is a dirty tactic, which I feel it is not. If you are going by screwed up rules, then sure, you have a point. I can agree with you on that. I just hate seeing people trying to discredit the win for such a stupid rule.

they looked 12-6 but its a stupid fucking rule so im not outraged or anything

I was thinking the same thing, those definitely looked like illegal elbows (According to the rules). Why does Jon Jones get DQ'd but there have been several fighters that have used them since that haven't?

I think it has less to do with jones and more to do with the refs

I mean wrong as in it is a dirty tactic, which I feel it is not. If you are going by screwed up rules, then sure, you have a point. I can agree with you on that. I just hate seeing people trying to discredit the win for such a stupid rule.

I don't want to say that I am discrediting the win, I just do not like the ref not calling a blatant foul.

Sure the rule can be crap, but so is the downed opponent rule. And if I had my face blasted off by an illegal knee in an MMA fight, I would hope it would be called.

Back